Training is changing. The way we learn is changing. Before, to get the knowledge one had to travel to the nearest training center or a certified trainer had to come on site. Then the possibility to buy training on video support has become available. Companies like TrainSignal were the choice for getting latest and hottest trainings. Now with PluralSight which has had acquired TrainSignal some time ago, and Digital-Tutors recently too, we have a TaaS – Training as a service (The term is purely my invention… -:). Anyway, there is 10 Days Free Trial With PluralSight Training, and you can cancel any time.
Pluralsight has tons of courses whether you’re developer, network, storage or virtualization beginner, enthusiast or expert. And the good news is that there is quite a long trial period – 10 days. In 10 days, if you’re learning towards an exam, you can do a lot. When I studied towards the VCAPs I think it took me around 2 months of study for each exam. I used Scott Lowe’s vSphere Design Course training videos.
Why get certified?
The answer is simple. Because the need to validate the knowledge already have and to learn more. And because in the IT you need need to learn every day. That’s is IT. Learning, learning and learning. As an IT professional you need to prove to your boss that you are the man on its place and you master the technology that you want the company to invest in.
Pluralsights training is delivered Online or you can use their Offline player where you can download in advance 30-35 lessons from different training courses. It’s convenient in places where the Internet is unreliable with no high speed.
One of the most popular courses I saw on their site (as you can see, there aren’t many virtualization courses, but it’s just to show what’s the most popular at the moment):
- AngularJS: Get Started
- Encapsulation and SOLID
- C# Fundamentals with C# 5.0
- Building Applications with ASP.NET MVC 4
- AngularJS Fundamentals
- Object-Oriented Programming Fundamentals in C#
- ASP.NET MVC 5 Fundamentals
- jQuery Fundamentals
- ASP.NET MVC 4 Fundamentals
- Design Patterns Library
- HTML5 Fundamentals
- Security (CompTIA Security+, SSCP and others)
- Virtualization (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V and others)
- Networking (CompTIA Network +, Cisco CCNA and others)
- Programming (C#, C++, Ruby, .NET and others)
- Design (AutoCAD, Adobe suite and others)
- And many more
Pluralsight offers 10 Days Free Trial. A $1 verification is placed on your credit card to make sure your card is valid. This will be returned to you when you cancel or start a subscription.
- If you do not cancel your free trial after the 10 days expire, you will automatically be billed for a subscription.
- You can cancel your subscription anytime in the 10 days by signing in and going to your account page.
- If you want to convert before your 10 days and start your subscription early, you can do that from your account page as well.
It’s a fair offer what you think? You can study the time needed to pass your exams and then cancel during periods when you don’t study. A $29 a month is a bargain on what’s available in there..