Teradici APEX 2800 Server Offload card compatible with VMware View 5.1
The server Offload Card from Terradici which I have blogged about several months ago in my article here, has been validated and supports the new VMware View 5.1 officialy announced few days ago. VMware View 5.1 should be made available for public download the 9th of May.
How this card can help with achieving greater consolidation ratios?
The Teradici PCoIP server offload card dynamically offloads the most active 64 displays on the server, improving the consolidation ratio by up to 2x and reducing the cost per virtual desktop. The card also helps reduce the CPU buffer put aside in View deployments for “just-in-case” graphic peaks. The card can easily be enabled in VMware View Administrator.
- Decrease peaks in CPU utilization by up to 50%
- 64 displays at a maximum resolution of 1920×1200
- One additional card can be added to support 128 displays
- Compatible with all existing PCoIP zero clients and also VMware View software clients
You can read the full press release with further details from Teradici here.
Latest posts by Vladan SEGET (see all)
- Nakivo 4 Released with Exchange Objects Recovery, Log Truncation and backup verification - April 22, 2014
- vCenter Server 5.5 U1a released fixing Heartbleed - April 20, 2014
- Trilead Enterprise Backup and Replication for VMware and Hyper-V Announced - April 18, 2014