Just a few weeks before VMworld, there is a new release of VMware vCenter Server 5.1 U1b. As you probably imagine, this is only maintenance release, which fixes some important bugs, but does not bring any new features or functions.
There are no new patches for ESXi hypervisor in this release, but there were some releases about a week ago.You can download them in one single zip file (610 Mb). Thosee are security patches and bug fixes. See the details here – Latest ESXi updates available.
VMware vCenter Server 5.1 U1b – Cumulative Update:
This new release of VMware vCenter Server 5.1 U1b is a cumulative update, so all fixes present in previous updates so if you’re updating from 5.0, use this VMware vCenter Server 5.1 Update 1b rather than the 5.1 or 5.1 U1a.
Some of the fixes are rather important, just check it out:
- All virtual machine folders on a VMFS volume are deleted after a single virtual machine folder is attempted for delete resulting in failure, and you choose Delete again by using the Datastore Browser (ouch ?????)
- vSphere Web Client might fail to display the advanced performance charts (for german language)
- Problem with displaying plugins in the web client when there are legacy plugins enabled through the Windows client.
- ESX Agent Manager might uninstall host agents when settings of DRS affinity rule, advanced options in VMware HA, or power management options for hosts in VMware DPM are removed.
- vSphere Web Client might fail to display the advanced performance charts