Trilead announced the release of a new version of Trilead VM Explorer, which is a backup and replication product for virtualization architectures based on VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V. Trilead has added support for the latest ESXi Versions (ESXi 5.1.1117900, ESXi 5.0.1117897 and ESXi 4.1.1050704). As you know Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 is supported already and I reported in details on that in my article here.
I have reviewed the product last year, where the Hyper-V v2.0 was tested and it was a nice surprise for me to find out that the product performed very well for it's size (small MSI package). A very robust product as well.
Trilead VM Explorer might be small in size but big in features and excellent price/performance ratio as it's licensing is quite unique in the industry. The product is licensed per site (not per CPU socket like the most of the competition).
Trilead also supports the backup of free edition of VMware ESXi, for full backups. There is also Free edition of Trilead available which has limited functionality.
Trilead's VM Explorer main features:
- Multihypervisor Support – Backup of VMware vSphere (ESX/ESXi), Hyper-V
- Full or Incremental Backups – Support for CBT for incremental backups
- Replication – replicates to another ESXi (Hyper-V) host by using point-in-time snapshots.
- File level restore – restore from any partition (FAT, NTFS and EXT)
- Easy Scheduler – jobs runs periodically, or once.
- Dynamic compression – for slow WAN links
- Detailed reporting – email reporting, with history
- Free Support – free support to all customers using the latest version of VM Explorer.
Back-ups can be stored on ESX/vSphere, Windows, Linux or FreeBSD-based storage platforms, or directly to a SAN. VM Explorer® requires only one license for your infrastructure – no fees per host or CPU. Trilead provides 15 days trial, or you can check out the free version as well. Click here to download or check out the different editions.