VMcom Backup Appliance for VMware is a Linux-based virtual appliance for backup and recovery in VMware environments.
It brings one of the best values on the market and therefore it is an interesting choice for companies that are looking for savings in their costs.
- Creation of Tenants – tenants are similar to vCloud Director organizations. They could be internal departments of your vSphere cluster.
- Assigning Privileges – each tenant can be assigned a set of privileges for backup and recovery of particular vSphere objects. Tenant self-service file-level restore is available for both Windows and Linux.
- Self-Service Backup and Recovery – To reduce IT workload, VMcom Backup Appliance enables self-service management: backup plan management, on-demand backups, file-level restore for both Windows and Linux, and VM level restore.
- Advanced Web-Based Interface and API – modern and touch-friendly web-based user interface is available for all functionalities of VMcom Backup Appliance, including backup plan management, on-demand backup, file-level restore, and so on.
- Fast and Consistent Backups – VMcom Backup Appliance leverages the VMware changed block tracking (CBT) technology and snapshots. This approach allows for fast and differential backups, saving only blocks changed since the last backup.
- Simple to Administer, Easy to Use – administrators are able to control tenants’ storage quotas and granular permission settings. With no agents to deploy in the guest operating system, you get both flexibility and reliability for backup and recovery of your VMs.
- No Additional Licensing Required – we have chosen a Linux-based solution with a built-in database and tools. No third party components such as SQL servers are required.
- Instant setup and Free Trail – deployment from the OVF template is fast and does not take more than 15 minutes. Building a proof-of-concept environment has never been easier. The trial is available for 30 days free of charge.
In addition, VMcom offers free backup of ESXi Free hypervisor without the need for any paid license. You can just download the software and it will work for free without any limitation.