Play Free this Game! Really Cool – Targetted Attack: The Game
Date: 27 May 2015, 11:30 am PT/ 2:30 pm ET
Ryan Brown, CEO, xByte Technologies
Alexander Karavanov, Director of Sales Engineering, 5nine Software
Max Kolomyeytsev, Product Manager, StarWind Software
If your organization is evaluating or starting a Hyper-V deployment, join this webinar to hear the most important considerations when selecting your hardware, storage, management and security solutions. Get best practices from virtualization experts from StarWind, 5nine Software and xByte Technologies to understand how to optimize your hosts, centrally manage and protect your virtualized resources, and get the best performance and availability out of your storage. Consider Hyper-Converged Platform as a simplest step into virtualization world, associated with more than 50% savings and independence from hardware/software vendors.
Attend the webinar and win one of the five books “Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Installation and Configuration Guide” written by Aidan Finn.
Watch the recorded webinar on “Make Your Storage Work For You: VAAI and ODX offload up to 30% of disk operations to the SAN” held on the Redmond Magazine platform!
This webinar is specially designed for IT Infrastructure Managers & Administrators who are familiar with such problems as Hypervisor CPU and Networking overhead usually occurring during VM provisioning, migration or cloning operations.
Having watched the recorded version of it, you will learn how to enhance the storage system performance and increase VM density with Hyper-V and vSphere with the use of Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) and APIs for Array Integration (VAAI).
At this topnotch webinar “Critical SQL Server Databases: Provide HA with SQL Server Failover Clustering and Cluster Shared Volumes” the speakers (Edwin Sarmiento, Microsoft SQL Server MVP and Microsoft Certified Master & Max Kolomyeytsev, Product Manager, StarWind Software Inc.) were focusing on:
Deep understanding of High Availability with an emphasize on HA features available in SQL server;
– “0” downtime requirements and an advice on how to lead effective communication with your management who pushes you on reaching one;
– Explaining how to easily create a new storage cluster havingStarWind Virtual SAN and SQL server in place.
– And many more….
This document is aimed to describe how to enable vStorage APIs for Array Integration in the system in order to decrease the workload on the network part and offload certain ammount of hypervisor operations to the storage side. Additionaly it explains how to verify if VAAI works properly.
Check it out here!
Win a pair of VMworld 2015 Conference Passes with VMturbo! http://bit.ly/1G09lOH. There will be 3 drawings:
- Friday May 29
- June 19
- July 10 2015
To win each time a pair of tickets for VMworld US. Check it out. Great chance for someone that knows that his (her) company won’t pay for the show…. Anyone is eligible (not only US folks), but you must pick the tickets in the US after arrival. Hotel/travel is at your own expenses.
I’ll be participating in Virtualization Field Day 5 in Boston. Event organized by Stefen Fosket.
Most presentations are streamed live on this page, at TechFieldDay.com, and at some delegate and presenter web sites. After the event, the following pages contain video recordings of these presentations.
Starwind Webinar! Snapshots VS Replication
20 Мay, 11 am ET / 4 pm BST
Speakers: Chris M. Evans, Independent Consultant, Langton Blue Ltd.
Max Kolomyeytsev, Product Manager, StarWind Software Inc.
Both snapshots and replication form an important part of any data protection strategy. It’s essential to know when and why each method should be used. In this webinar we will discuss the benefits and disadvantages of both replication and snapshots, highlighting when to use each technique to implement a foolproof data protection regime.
You will learn:
- How snapshots and replication work in a virtual server environment
- How snapshots can deliver quick onsite recovery
- How to use replication for offsite data protection
2-node VM Storage for Free by StarWind
Wanted: Hyper-V and VMware Administrator,
- Withno physical shared storage for VMs and no money to buy it
- Struggling todeploy a cluster for 24/7 operations without spending a buck and is always hurried by his bosses
- Looking exhausted and irritated with the low budgets,if given any at all
- Riding with labs, test and development, SMBs or ROBO for a living.Whereabouts – IT departments, remote offices, etc.
Reward: StarWind Virtual SAN Free, the software that creates fault-tolerant VM storage using existing hardware, starting on just two physical hosts running hypervisor. Features free distribution, infinite scaling capabilities, unlimited capacity, allowed production use and unrestricted work time.
Total Configuration Price: $00.000000
Contact [email protected] now to claim your reward!
New Technical Papers:
StarWind V2V Converter Update
StarWind V2V Converter allows the user to convert VMs from one format to another, basically “cloning” them and keeping the original copy intact. It comes either with any version of StarWind Virtual SAN, or as a standalone free tool. We have just updated StarWind V2V Converter to version V8 Build 161, adding a number of convenient features.
Here is the list of latest improvements:
- Added support for MS VHDX container format. It requires running on Windows 8/2012 or higher version of Windows.
- Windows Repair Mode may be activate for converted image, allowing virtual machines to adapt to hardware environment of new hypervisor automatically.
- Command-line utility extended to support VHDX format and repair mode option.
- New style of GUI in V2V Converter Wizard.
- Help file added to installation.
Starwind – 4 scenarios of Storage Replication:
Storage Replica with Failover Cluster and File Server Role (Windows Server Technical Preview) http://www.starwindsoftware.com/blog/storage-replication-for-failover-cluster-with-file-server-role-on-windows-server-technical-preview/
Storage Replica with Microsoft Failover Cluster and Scale-out File Server role (Windows Server Technical Preview) http://www.starwindsoftware.com/blog/storage-replication-for-scale-out-file-servers-on-windows-server-technical-preview/
Storage Replica with Microsoft Failover Cluster and Clustered Hyper-V VM role (Windows Server Technical Preview) http://www.starwindsoftware.com/blog/storage-replica-with-microsoft-failover-cluster-and-clustered-hyper-v-vm-role-windows-server-technical-preview/
Storage Replica with Microsoft Failover Cluster and Guest VM Cluster role (Windows Server Technical Preview) http://www.starwindsoftware.com/blog/storage-replica-with-microsoft-failover-cluster-and-guest-vm-cluster-role-windows-server-technical-preview/
Get your Free NFR !!
Free NFR license for New StarWind SAN V8 is available for IT certified professionals.
To get free license is necessary to register here.
- Massive Scale-Out storage architecture
- Creates fault tolerant shared storage with unlimited number of nodes
- Asynchronous WAN-replication
- Ensures efficient disaster recovery plan
- L2 Flash Cache
- Works with RAM as a L1 cache to boost the efficiency
- In-line deduplication and thin provisioning with space reclaim
- Reduces storage expenses dramatically and accelerates VM storage performance
- Simplified and improved GUI
- Provides Windows Server 2012 style, step-by-step wizards and support of PowerShell scripting
- Support of SMI-S interface for integration with Windows System Center R2
- Makes cloud storage administration easier
- Log-Structured File System (LSFS)*
- Eliminates random writes for VM storage
Play Free this Game! Really Cool – Targetted Attack: The Game