VMTurbo offerc a chance for a free ticket for VMworld EU.
Enter for a chance to win two free tickets. Limit one entry per person. Eligible entries will remain in drawing pool for subsequent drawings if not drawn as winner
Three Drawings: August 5, August 19, September 9
Every couple of days, we’ll post easy/fun missions to complete for points on the Green Circle. The more points you rack up, the cooler swag you’ll be able to “buy” with your points at VMworld. We’ll be giving away Oculus, Amazon Taps, Raspberry Pi’s, etc at our booth!
Atlantis Community Program recognizes exceptional community leadership
The Atlantis Community Program provides a great opportunity for the Atlantis Community Expert (ACE) to connect Atlantis colleagues, fellow community peers and more. Atlantis Community Experts (ACE) receive insights into Atlantis products while they engage with Atlantis colleagues to provide feedback, share their notes from the field and present as advocates in the community. ACEs help shape the modern workspace and programmable Datacenter by providing valuable feedback on product strategy and future roadmap. “Feedback is the breakfast of champions.” – Ruben Spruijt, CTO Atlantis Computing
What are the benefits
Atlantis Community Experts are passionate community leaders who’ve demonstrated commitment to share real-world knowledge and technical expertise with the community, customers and Atlantis.
Benefits for ACEs are:
- Exclusive webinars with Atlantis product teams for insights and discussions on current and future products
- Direct touch with executives, product groups, CTO office and leading architects via private channel
- Access to NFR software and demo environment
- Increase personal brand & industry recognition (ACE Member Page)
- Exclusive access and influence on Atlantis products and direction
Technical communities play a vital role in the adoption and improvement of Atlantis technology and helping our customers and partners achieve great things with our USX and HyperScale products.
How to become an ACE?
We evaluate the contribution of each nominee and its impact to online forums, social media, blogs, whitepapers, articles, conferences and user groups on a yearly basis. New candidates are reviewed periodically. Want to be an ACE and join this great group of passionate ACEs please email [email protected] and give some background what you do and why we should consider you as ACE.
View current ACE awardees
Get to know our Atlantis Community Experts. They are listed on the ACE Membership Page.
It’s time to bring your network into the future of business. Learn more in our comprehensive book, Network Virtualization For Dummies.
So what exactly is network virtualization? As its title might suggest, “Network Virtualization For Dummies” explains that, too. We’re talking about a process of programmatically creating, provisioning, and managing virtual networks, using the underlying physical network as a simple packet-forwarding backplane, and replicating all networking components and functions in software. In simple terms, network virtualization allows you to run your entire network in software.
Will Be Is On Very Soon right now – Sign for it ! (perhaps is too late…)
Cool, There is a cool news from vSphere Beta team. You can sing for and participate in next version of VMware vSphere! You’ll be able to play with the next version of VMware vSphere before anyone else. But on the other hand, you’ll need to accept the Beta Test Agreement, install within 3 days and participate in surveys feedback, discussion forums and conf. calls. Check the details below….
- Online acceptance of the Master Software Beta Test Agreement will be required prior to visiting the Private Beta Community
- Install beta software within 3 days of receiving access to the beta product
- Provide feedback within the first 4 weeks of the beta program
- Submit Support Requests for bugs, issues and feature requests
- Complete surveys and beta test assignments
- Participate in the private beta discussion forum and conference calls
vSphere Beta Program Overview (feel free to use or modify for you audience as needed)
We are excited to announce the upcoming VMware vSphere Beta Program. This program enables participants to help define the direction of the most widely adopted industry-leading virtualization platform. Folks who want to participate in the program can now indicate their interest by filling out this simple form. The vSphere team will grant access to the program to selected candidates in stages. This vSphere Beta Program leverages a private Beta community to download software and share information. We will provide discussion forums, webinars, and service requests to enable you to share your feedback with us.
You can expect to download, install, and test vSphere Beta software in your environment or get invited to try new features in a VMware hosted environment. All testing is free-form and we encourage you to use our software in ways that interest you. This will provide us with valuable insight into how you use vSphere in real-world conditions and with real-world test cases, enabling us to better align our product with your business needs.
Some of the many reasons to participate in this beta opportunity:
- Receive early access to the vSphere Beta products
- Interact with the vSphere Beta team consisting of Product Managers, Engineers, Technical Support, and Technical Writers
- Provide direct input on product functionality, configurability, usability, and performance
- Provide feedback influencing future products, training, documentation, and services
- Collaborate with other participants, learn about their use cases, and share advice and learnings
“Why Linux and OpenStack Make the Most Sense for Virtualization and Cloud Computing in a Multi-Platform Environment”
In this paper, you will learn how open source platforms like Linux and OpenStack have the flexibility to seamlessly transition to the data center today, and the innovation necessary for the future.
View full description >
Veeam Vanguard Program
Veeam Veeam Vanguard program runs this year as well. And I’m part of it -:). It’s similar program like vExpert or MVP programs which are well known programs for tech communities.
Veeam was one of the products which stud out from the crowd, since their beginning.
A Veeam Vanguard represents our brand to the highest level in many of the different technology communities in which we engage. These individuals are chosen for their acumen, engagement and style in their activities on and offline.
The Veeam Vanguard program is managed by Veeam Product Strategy Team and supported by Veeam as a company. Quite a few people are part of the team and I met few of them during my VMworld Europe activities and #TFD events. As for now I’m certainly honored to be part of the program … -:)
Check the VCP6-DCV Page !!!
- vSphere 6 Foundations Exam
- VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV) Exam
- VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV) Delta Exam
VCP6-DTM Page now finished too !!!
Xangati Now Montitors Xen!
Xangati is now able to monitor Citrix XEN server.
StarWind presents a video with Jon Toigo from Data Management Institute talking about the trends in virtualization and where the storage goes.
Watch the video and learn how Hyper-Converged platform can optimize your storage and save up to 40% of costs.
SAN Must Die!
Do you hate SANs as we hate them? No, seriously? They were great place to store your grandfather’s Oracle database, but why the heck would anyone use them to store Virtual Machine images? SANs were never designed to handle virtualization workload! Also, with today’s high-capacity spindles, PCIe attached flash and 40 Gb Ethernet all being commodities, it’s simpler, faster and cheaper to use virtual shared storage for virtualization purposes. Get your cure to SANs disease free, now, right here.
Technical Paper ‘StarWind Virtual SAN providing repositories for XenServer Pool’
Are you an experienced XenServer and Windows system admin?
Would you like to add StarWind® virtual storage to your XenServer Pool?
Then you surely need some step-by-step instructions!
You are welcome to check this document to find them all here ‘StarWind Virtual SAN providing repositories for XenServer Pool’.
Technical Paper: StarWind Virtual SAN® VAAI (vStorage API for Array Integration) Configuration & Performance Guide
This document is aimed to describe how to enable vStorage APIs for Array Integration in the system in order to decrease the workload on the network part and offload certain ammount of hypervisor operations to the storage side. Additionaly it explains how to verify if VAAI works properly.
Check it out here!
2-node VM Storage for Free by StarWind
New Technical Papers:
Starwind – 4 scenarios of Storage Replication:
Storage Replica with Failover Cluster and File Server Role (Windows Server Technical Preview) http://www.starwindsoftware.com/blog/storage-replication-for-failover-cluster-with-file-server-role-on-windows-server-technical-preview/
Storage Replica with Microsoft Failover Cluster and Scale-out File Server role (Windows Server Technical Preview) http://www.starwindsoftware.com/blog/storage-replication-for-scale-out-file-servers-on-windows-server-technical-preview/
Storage Replica with Microsoft Failover Cluster and Clustered Hyper-V VM role (Windows Server Technical Preview) http://www.starwindsoftware.com/blog/storage-replica-with-microsoft-failover-cluster-and-clustered-hyper-v-vm-role-windows-server-technical-preview/
Storage Replica with Microsoft Failover Cluster and Guest VM Cluster role (Windows Server Technical Preview) http://www.starwindsoftware.com/blog/storage-replica-with-microsoft-failover-cluster-and-guest-vm-cluster-role-windows-server-technical-preview/
Get your Free NFR !!
Free NFR license for New StarWind SAN V8 is available for IT certified professionals.
To get free license is necessary to register here.
- Massive Scale-Out storage architecture
- Creates fault tolerant shared storage with unlimited number of nodes
- Asynchronous WAN-replication
- Ensures efficient disaster recovery plan
- L2 Flash Cache
- Works with RAM as a L1 cache to boost the efficiency
- In-line deduplication and thin provisioning with space reclaim
- Reduces storage expenses dramatically and accelerates VM storage performance
- Simplified and improved GUI
- Provides Windows Server 2012 style, step-by-step wizards and support of PowerShell scripting
- Support of SMI-S interface for integration with Windows System Center R2
- Makes cloud storage administration easier
- Log-Structured File System (LSFS)*
- Eliminates random writes for VM storage