Starwind 8 RC is available!
The Newly available v8 RC offers three products that share a common engine: StarWind SAN (formerly StarWind iSCSI SAN&NAS), StarWind VSAN (formerly Native SAN) and StarWind VSA. The new StarWind V8 builds on best practice and long experience in delivering SAN software, and offers an advanced fault-tolerant and high-performance shared storage solution that is affordable and cuts set up costs. General availability is expected in Q2 2014. Full press release: http://www.starwindsoftware.com/news/113
Release Candidate – available now!
- Massive Scale-Out storage architecture
- Creates fault tolerant shared storage with unlimited number of nodes
- Asynchronous WAN-replication
- Ensures efficient disaster recovery plan
- L2 Flash Cache
- Works with RAM as a L1 cache to boost the efficiency
- In-line deduplication and thin provisioning with space reclaim
- Reduces storage expenses dramatically and accelerates VM storage performance
- Simplified and improved GUI
- Provides Windows Server 2012 style, step-by-step wizards and support of PowerShell scripting
- Support of SMI-S interface for integration with Windows System Center R2
- Makes cloud storage administration easier
- Log-Structured File System (LSFS)*
- Eliminates random writes for VM storage
Download the Starwind v8 RC now.
VMware NOW: Virtual SAN Special Online Event
Date: March 6, 2014
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. PST
Special #VSAN online event March 6. Register on #VMwareNOW, and get ready for real product news plus key features will be demo’d right after the intro.
Register here: http://www.vmware.com/now
Xangati, a leading provider of cloud and VDI performance management solutions, today announced the appointment of S. ‘Sundi’ Sundaresh as president and chief executive officer. Since early 2013, Sundaresh has served as an advisor to Xangati and has been instrumental in helping implement the strategy for growth as well as assist with fundraising.
Xangati Raises $11M in funding led by HighBar Partners to bring VDI, workload and cloud performance management to a wider market.
New funding from HighBar, with participation from Citrix, allows Xangati to further innovate and accelerate market momentum of its popular VDI, workload and cloud performance management solutions.
Free NFR For Veeam 7.0
Veeam is giving away FREE 180-day NFR licenses for 2 sockets of Veeam® Backup Management Suite™ for VMware or Hyper-V for your home or work lab.
Only for VMware vExperts, VMware Certified Professionals (VCP), Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCP), Microsoft Certified Technology Specialists (MCTS) and Most Valuable Professionals (MVP). Get your copy here!
Latest posts by Vladan SEGET (see all)
- New Visio Stencils for VMware and Hyper-V from Veeam – free download - March 10, 2014
- VCP for life – are you in? - March 8, 2014
- Official VMware VSAN Design and Sizing Guide (PDF) - March 8, 2014