StarWind has been named as Finalist for the SVC Awards 2014 in three categories:
- Storage Virtualization Product of the Year
- Storage Management Product of the Year
- Virtualization Management Product of the Year
This is our Press release: http://www.starwindsoftware.com/news/118
2. Webinar: How to Reduce Disaster Recovery Expenses up to 50% DR & BC Best Practices for Virtual Environments
Thursday, November 6, 2:00 PM BST
Featured Speaker: Chris M Evans, Independent Consultant, Langton Blue Ltd.
Want to reduce IT expenses and help your business comply with the legal requirements? To do so, you’ll need to implement a comprehensive Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery (BC / DR) strategy.
Join our webinar to learn why having an effective disaster recovery plan is so important and the additional protection one gets you over simple application or server resiliency. We’ll discuss the technical details involved in implementing a DR strategy in a virtual server environment that includes the StarWind Virtual SAN solution.
During the webinar you’ll learn:
- The business need for BC/DR
- Why BC/DR is different from simple hardware resiliency
- Strategies for implementing BC/DR based on application and business Service Level Objectives
- Choosing between storage array and hypervisor based recovery solutions
- Choosing between VM-level and LUN-level recovery solutions
- Technical solutions for BC/DR with virtual servers, including Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware vSphere and open source platforms
- Vendor roundup – 3rd Party recovery solutions for virtual environments
3. Live Webinar: Building a Highly Available Hyper-V Cluster Using Free Microsoft Hyper-V Server
Tuesday, November 11, 1:00 PM GMT
|Featured Speakers:||Alexander Karavanov, Virtualization Security Engineer, 5nine Software|
Max Kolomyeytsev, Product Manager, StarWind Software
Virtualization experts from 5nine and StarWind tell how to create a cost effective and highly available Hyper-V failover cluster.
Discover best practices on how to:
- Benefit from highly available Hyper-V failover cluster
- Simplify the cluster and VM management using 5nine Manager for Hyper-V
- Cut costs, increase resilience and minimize hardware footprint with StarWind Virtual SAN
- Adopt the needs of your environment with easy scale up and scale out
Special Offer: Attend the webinar and get a chance to win a FREE 6-month NFR license key for StarWind Virtual SAN!
4. Live Webinar: Reduce Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Expenses with Windows Server Clustering and Geo-Clustering
Thursday, November 13, 11:00 am PT / 2:00pm ET
|Featured Speakers:||Michael Otey, senior technical director for Windows IT Pro and SQL Server Pro,|
president of TECA
Max Kolomyeytsev, Product Manager, StarWind Software
Today more than ever businesses of all sizes need the maximum levels of availability and reliability for their business critical applications.
It’s important to reduce IT expenses and make your business comply with the legal requirements by implementing a comprehensive BC/DR (Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery) strategy. Join our webinar to learn why having an effective disaster recovery plan is so important and how this differs from simple application or server resiliency. We will discuss technical issues involved in implementing DR in a virtual server environment and will show you how using the StarWind Virtual SAN solution can help increase the availability of your business critical workloads. Topics covered will include:
- Windows Failover Clustering requirements
- Quorum, networking and storage considerations
- Geo-Clustering for disaster recovery
- Using StarWind Virtual SAN with hyper-converged multi-node scale-out clusters
New Distributors for Infinio
PRIANTO, ARJ, BGS AND CLIMB SIGN WITH INFINIO TO DISTRIBUTE AWARD-WINNING STORAGE ACCELERATION SOFTWARE
BARCELONA, VMworld Europe, Oct. 14, 2014 – Infinio, a market leader in storage acceleration software for virtualized data centers, today announced at VMworld Europe that it has signed distribution agreements in four regions, bringing Infinio Accelerator to the UK, Nordics, Benelux, and Japan. Infinio and its new distributors will work together to introduce and promote the most non-disruptive and cost-effective way for VMware vSphere customers to improve storage performance.
“Early response to Infinio has been quite enthusiastic,” said Arun Agarwal, Infinio co-founder and CEO. “There is a lot of activity around the storage acceleration product category, and we’re excited to work with these top-caliber distribution partners, their resellers, and their customers to drive Infinio adoption beyond North America.”
Prianto will represent Infinio in the UK, ARJ in the Nordic region, BGS in Benelux, and Climb in Japan.
“Infinio’s award-winning cache architecture makes the most efficient use of customers’ existing resources to dramatically reduce latency without new hardware or changes to storage operations,” said Yuri Pasea, CEO and Founder of Prianto, Ltd. “We find that value proposition quite appealing, and are certain our customers will as well.”
“Our resellers in the Nordic region were among the early advocates of virtualization, and so there is a strong awareness of the performance requirements it places on customers’ storage,” added Roger Jansson, ARJ Distribution founder and CEO. “Infinio offers a differentiated and efficient way to add new levels of performance to existing storage systems.”
Prianto Limited is an independent Knowledge Distributer filling a gap left by the consolidation of the UK distribution market into a handful of large broad line distributors. The main areas of expertise are virtualization and cloud technologies that complement Citrix, VMware and Hyper-V Technology. Prianto Limited is based in Newbury and has an experienced team of virtualization and cloud technology specialists ready to advise the reseller community. For more information, please visit: http://www.prianto.co.uk/.
About ARJ Distribution
ARJ Distribution, based in Stockholm, Sweden, provides resellers within the Nordics with solutions that cover the server based as well as virtualization market. The company’s vision is that administrators should be working more with development than fire fighting on a day-to-day basis, without too much clicking. Solutions it offers are well suited to solve the challenges within their market segment as well as easy to use and configure. Details are at www.arjdistribution.se.
About Business Generating Software B.V.
BGS is a dedicated value added distributor for management software with focus on solutions for enterprises and datacenters, with products around Operations Management, Network Management, ITIL and Operating Systems. BGS has more than 30 years’ experience with IT projects, and is based in the Netherlands. Learn more at www.bgsoftware.nl.
About Climb, Inc.
Climb, Ltd. was established in 1984, and since then has provided business consulting services, web design, systems integration and software reselling from its headquarters in Tokyo. More information is available at www.climb.co.jp
Infinio Systems, Inc. is a market leader in storage acceleration for VMware vSphere environments, offering a software-only solution to improve the data storage performance of virtualized environments without the need for expensive storage hardware upgrades. Based in Cambridge, Mass., the company enjoys strong financial backing from tier-one venture capitalists including Bessemer Venture Partners, Highland Capital Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Osage University Partners. Infinio is an Elite-level VMware Technology Alliance Partner, a Citrix-Ready partner, an EMC Business Partner, a NetApp Advantage Alliance partner, and a finalist in the 2013 “Best of VMworld” awards for “Best New Technology.” More information is available at www.infinio.com .
Get your Free NFR !!
Free NFR license for New StarWind SAN V8 is available for IT certified professionals.
To get free license is necessary to register here.
- Massive Scale-Out storage architecture
- Creates fault tolerant shared storage with unlimited number of nodes
- Asynchronous WAN-replication
- Ensures efficient disaster recovery plan
- L2 Flash Cache
- Works with RAM as a L1 cache to boost the efficiency
- In-line deduplication and thin provisioning with space reclaim
- Reduces storage expenses dramatically and accelerates VM storage performance
- Simplified and improved GUI
- Provides Windows Server 2012 style, step-by-step wizards and support of PowerShell scripting
- Support of SMI-S interface for integration with Windows System Center R2
- Makes cloud storage administration easier
- Log-Structured File System (LSFS)*
- Eliminates random writes for VM storage
Download the Starwind v8 RC now.
Xangati, a leading provider of cloud and VDI performance management solutions, today announced the appointment of S. ‘Sundi’ Sundaresh as president and chief executive officer. Since early 2013, Sundaresh has served as an advisor to Xangati and has been instrumental in helping implement the strategy for growth as well as assist with fundraising.
Xangati Raises $11M in funding led by HighBar Partners to bring VDI, workload and cloud performance management to a wider market.
New funding from HighBar, with participation from Citrix, allows Xangati to further innovate and accelerate market momentum of its popular VDI, workload and cloud performance management solutions.
Free NFR For Veeam 7.0
Veeam is giving away FREE 180-day NFR licenses for 2 sockets of Veeam® Backup Management Suite™ for VMware or Hyper-V for your home or work lab.
Only for VMware vExperts, VMware Certified Professionals (VCP), Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCP), Microsoft Certified Technology Specialists (MCTS) and Most Valuable Professionals (MVP). Get your copy here!