Date: 21 April, 11am PT / 2pm ET
Speakers: Aidan Finn, Microsoft MVP, Technical Sales Lead at MicroWarehouse Ltd.
Max Kolomyeytsev, Product Manager, StarWind Software Inc.
StarWind always considered virtual storage systems to be valued for uptime, performance and flexibility – take one out and the system is useless. Hypervisor CPU and Networking overhead is a common issue for operations like VM provisioning, migration, and cloning. There should be a way to enhance performance by offloading the unnecessary CPU load and shrinking the SAN traffic. ODX and VAAI features do exactly this by offloading routine disk tasks to the storage array so they will be executed more effectively. That is if your SAN supports one of these features. StarWind Virtual SAN does both – just saying.
Join Aidan Finn and Max Kolomyeytsev at this webinar dedicated to the use of Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) and APIs for Array Integration (VAAI). They will explain exactly how you can greatly enhance the storage system performance and increase VM density with Hyper-V and vSphere.
Win the Full Conference Pass for the Microsoft Ignite 2015!
Meet StarWind at MS Ignite 2015!
Request a chance to schedule a personal meeting with Anton Kolomyeytsev, StarWind Founder and CTO, or Joseph Preston, VP of Sales at Microsoft Ignite 2015
StarWind V2V Converter Update
StarWind V2V Converter allows the user to convert VMs from one format to another, basically “cloning” them and keeping the original copy intact. It comes either with any version of StarWind Virtual SAN, or as a standalone free tool. We have just updated StarWind V2V Converter to version V8 Build 161, adding a number of convenient features.
Here is the list of latest improvements:
- Added support for MS VHDX container format. It requires running on Windows 8/2012 or higher version of Windows.
- Windows Repair Mode may be activate for converted image, allowing virtual machines to adapt to hardware environment of new hypervisor automatically.
- Command-line utility extended to support VHDX format and repair mode option.
- New style of GUI in V2V Converter Wizard.
- Help file added to installation.
Starwind – 4 scenarios of Storage Replication:
Storage Replica with Failover Cluster and File Server Role (Windows Server Technical Preview) http://www.starwindsoftware.com/blog/storage-replication-for-failover-cluster-with-file-server-role-on-windows-server-technical-preview/
Storage Replica with Microsoft Failover Cluster and Scale-out File Server role (Windows Server Technical Preview) http://www.starwindsoftware.com/blog/storage-replication-for-scale-out-file-servers-on-windows-server-technical-preview/
Storage Replica with Microsoft Failover Cluster and Clustered Hyper-V VM role (Windows Server Technical Preview) http://www.starwindsoftware.com/blog/storage-replica-with-microsoft-failover-cluster-and-clustered-hyper-v-vm-role-windows-server-technical-preview/
Storage Replica with Microsoft Failover Cluster and Guest VM Cluster role (Windows Server Technical Preview) http://www.starwindsoftware.com/blog/storage-replica-with-microsoft-failover-cluster-and-guest-vm-cluster-role-windows-server-technical-preview/
Get your Free NFR !!
Free NFR license for New StarWind SAN V8 is available for IT certified professionals.
To get free license is necessary to register here.
- Massive Scale-Out storage architecture
- Creates fault tolerant shared storage with unlimited number of nodes
- Asynchronous WAN-replication
- Ensures efficient disaster recovery plan
- L2 Flash Cache
- Works with RAM as a L1 cache to boost the efficiency
- In-line deduplication and thin provisioning with space reclaim
- Reduces storage expenses dramatically and accelerates VM storage performance
- Simplified and improved GUI
- Provides Windows Server 2012 style, step-by-step wizards and support of PowerShell scripting
- Support of SMI-S interface for integration with Windows System Center R2
- Makes cloud storage administration easier
- Log-Structured File System (LSFS)*
- Eliminates random writes for VM storage