StarWind V2V Converter Update
StarWind V2V Converter allows the user to convert VMs from one format to another, basically “cloning” them and keeping the original copy intact. It comes either with any version of StarWind Virtual SAN, or as a standalone free tool. We have just updated StarWind V2V Converter to version V8 Build 161, adding a number of convenient features.
Here is the list of latest improvements:
- Added support for MS VHDX container format. It requires running on Windows 8/2012 or higher version of Windows.
- Windows Repair Mode may be activate for converted image, allowing virtual machines to adapt to hardware environment of new hypervisor automatically.
- Command-line utility extended to support VHDX format and repair mode option.
- New style of GUI in V2V Converter Wizard.
- Help file added to installation.
Newly Released Technical Paper “Near-FT Support of OLTP Applications using StarWind Virtual SAN and a Hyper-V Cluster”
If you consider yourself to be an advanced StarWind user, please check this technical paper out and find out how to use StarWind Virtual SAN in OLTP applications and what the best configurations for this case are.
Moreover, the analysis contains testing data that’s completely relevant to real business conditions.
(26 Feb, 11 am PT / 2 pm ET)
Host: Anatoly Vilchinsky, Head of Support Department of StarWind Software.
Imagine there is no CapEx, Neo.
This Thursday we will taste the single malt scotch while discussing how exactly StarWind helps to improve the IT infrastructure for Microsoft fans and users. Our base line here – piece of cake.
*The only place where it’s allowed to put the elbows on the table while dining*
(3 Mar, 11 am PT / 2 pm ET)
Speaker: Max Kolomyeytsev, Product Manager, StarWind Software Inc.
Tapes will never die. They are ideal for long-term vaulting and are an absolute winner in the capacity/price competition versus any disk storage.
But even being long lasting and cost-effective, tapes are considerably slower compared to even commodity hard disks. As amounts of data used by companies are constantly growing, tape backup speed becomes a major vulnerability in modern BC and DR strategies. As soon as a backup job exceeds its backup window, it starts consuming application performance during business hours. The problem is solved by rebuilding and extending the tape backup infrastructure, but it’s extremely cost-consuming. Or you can implement Virtual Tape Library to complement physical tape storage.
Join StarWind Product Manager Max Kolomyeytsev and learn how to:
- Shrink backup window by implementing Disk-to-Disk-to-Tape strategy using fast and cost-effective SATA as a primary backup storage,
- Keep up with regulatory requirements without disrupting IT infrastructure work
- Replace physical tape with VTL completely
Starwind News – Newly Released Whitepaper
Feel free to download it here.
Starwind – 4 scenarios of Storage Replication:
Storage Replica with Failover Cluster and File Server Role (Windows Server Technical Preview) http://www.starwindsoftware.com/blog/storage-replication-for-failover-cluster-with-file-server-role-on-windows-server-technical-preview/
Storage Replica with Microsoft Failover Cluster and Scale-out File Server role (Windows Server Technical Preview) http://www.starwindsoftware.com/blog/storage-replication-for-scale-out-file-servers-on-windows-server-technical-preview/
Storage Replica with Microsoft Failover Cluster and Clustered Hyper-V VM role (Windows Server Technical Preview) http://www.starwindsoftware.com/blog/storage-replica-with-microsoft-failover-cluster-and-clustered-hyper-v-vm-role-windows-server-technical-preview/
Storage Replica with Microsoft Failover Cluster and Guest VM Cluster role (Windows Server Technical Preview) http://www.starwindsoftware.com/blog/storage-replica-with-microsoft-failover-cluster-and-guest-vm-cluster-role-windows-server-technical-preview/
Get your Free NFR !!
Free NFR license for New StarWind SAN V8 is available for IT certified professionals.
To get free license is necessary to register here.
- Massive Scale-Out storage architecture
- Creates fault tolerant shared storage with unlimited number of nodes
- Asynchronous WAN-replication
- Ensures efficient disaster recovery plan
- L2 Flash Cache
- Works with RAM as a L1 cache to boost the efficiency
- In-line deduplication and thin provisioning with space reclaim
- Reduces storage expenses dramatically and accelerates VM storage performance
- Simplified and improved GUI
- Provides Windows Server 2012 style, step-by-step wizards and support of PowerShell scripting
- Support of SMI-S interface for integration with Windows System Center R2
- Makes cloud storage administration easier
- Log-Structured File System (LSFS)*
- Eliminates random writes for VM storage