Give 2 min of your time to reply to 3 questions about server-side storage technologies (like HCI, VSAN, software-defined storage, and server-side cache).
The survey is just 3 questions and usually takes fewer than 2 minutes.
Check it out.
(Organized by Infinio).
vCenter Server 6.5 Update 1D released:
- vCenter Server 6.5 Update 1d | 19 DEC 2017 | ISO Build 7312210
- vCenter Server Appliance 6.5 Update 1d | 19 DEC 2017 | Build 7312210
- vCenter Server 6.5 Update 1d addresses issues that have been documented in the Resolved Issues section and Photon OS security vulnerabilities. For more information, see VMware vCenter Server Appliance Photon OS Security Patches.
- Update of the Oracle (Sun) JRE package to version 1.8.0_141.
- vCenter Server 6.5 is updated to use the 4.3.9 version of the Spring Framework.
- The OpenSSL package is updated to version openssl-1.0.2l.
- The Tomcat package is updated to version 8.5.15.
- Apache Struts is updated to version 2.5.13 to resolve CVE-2017-9805, CVE-2017-9804 and CVE-2017-9793.
- Eclipse Jetty is upgraded to version 9.2.22.
Release notes here
Veeam Backup and Replication U3 Released
My detailed blog post about it: https://www.vladan.fr/veeam-backup-and-replication-9-5-u3-released/
Download the Veeam 9.5 U3 Here.
VMware Workstation and Fusion Latest Release
Tip: Check our latest detailed post about VMware Workstation 14 and Fusion 10.
VMware Upgrades – vSphere, Workstation, Fusion, ESXi, & vCenter Server…
I'm in! Yes. I'm again part of the amazing vExpert community. Check out the announcement.
Veeam Vanguard 2017
Again this year I'm Veeam Vanguard. Pretty exciting!
Atlantis Community Program recognizes exceptional community leadership
The Atlantis Community Program provides a great opportunity for the Atlantis Community Expert (ACE) to connect Atlantis colleagues, fellow community peers and more. Atlantis Community Experts (ACE) receive insights into Atlantis products while they engage with Atlantis colleagues to provide feedback, share their notes from the field and present as advocates in the community. ACEs help shape the modern workspace and programmable Datacenter by providing valuable feedback on product strategy and future roadmap. “Feedback is the breakfast of champions.” – Ruben Spruijt, CTO Atlantis Computing
What are the benefits
Atlantis Community Experts are passionate community leaders who’ve demonstrated commitment to share real-world knowledge and technical expertise with the community, customers and Atlantis.
Benefits for ACEs are:
- Exclusive webinars with Atlantis product teams for insights and discussions on current and future products
- Direct touch with executives, product groups, CTO office and leading architects via private channel
- Access to NFR software and demo environment
- Increase personal brand & industry recognition (ACE Member Page)
- Exclusive access and influence on Atlantis products and direction
Technical communities play a vital role in the adoption and improvement of Atlantis technology and helping our customers and partners achieve great things with our USX and HyperScale products.
How to become an ACE?
We evaluate the contribution of each nominee and its impact to online forums, social media, blogs, whitepapers, articles, conferences and user groups on a yearly basis. New candidates are reviewed periodically. Want to be an ACE and join this great group of passionate ACEs please email [email protected] and give some background what you do and why we should consider you as ACE.
View current ACE awardees
Get to know our Atlantis Community Experts. They are listed on the ACE Membership Page.
It's time to bring your network into the future of business. Learn more in our comprehensive book, Network Virtualization For Dummies.
So what exactly is network virtualization? As its title might suggest, “Network Virtualization For Dummies” explains that, too. We’re talking about a process of programmatically creating, provisioning, and managing virtual networks, using the underlying physical network as a simple packet-forwarding backplane, and replicating all networking components and functions in software. In simple terms, network virtualization allows you to run your entire network in software.
“Why Linux and OpenStack Make the Most Sense for Virtualization and Cloud Computing in a Multi-Platform Environment”
In this paper, you will learn how open source platforms like Linux and OpenStack have the flexibility to seamlessly transition to the data center today, and the innovation necessary for the future.
View full description >
StarWind presents a video with Jon Toigo from Data Management Institute talking about the trends in virtualization and where the storage goes.
Watch the video and learn how Hyper-Converged platform can optimize your storage and save up to 40% of costs.
2-node VM Storage for Free by StarWind
New Technical Papers:
Get your Free NFR !!
Free NFR license for New StarWind SAN V8 is available for IT certified professionals.
To get free license is necessary to register here.
- Massive Scale-Out storage architecture
- Creates fault tolerant shared storage with unlimited number of nodes
- Asynchronous WAN-replication
- Ensures efficient disaster recovery plan
- L2 Flash Cache
- Works with RAM as a L1 cache to boost the efficiency
- In-line deduplication and thin provisioning with space reclaim
- Reduces storage expenses dramatically and accelerates VM storage performance
- Simplified and improved GUI
- Provides Windows Server 2012 style, step-by-step wizards and support of PowerShell scripting
- Support of SMI-S interface for integration with Windows System Center R2
- Makes cloud storage administration easier
- Log-Structured File System (LSFS)*
- Eliminates random writes for VM storage