TrainSignal has released a new training course for VMware vSphere 5.0/5.1, which can be used as a preparation to pass VCAP5-DCA Certification exam. The VMware vSphere Optimize and Scale (VCAP5-DCA) dives into the advanced topics which is advanced storage management, storage connectivity and multipathing, VLANs and PVLAN management, vDS, Optimizing and tuning vSphere performance or advanced DRS configurations.
TrainSignal with their new training-as-a-service offer, allows a test drive.
This VMware vSphere Optimize and Scale (VCAP5-DCA) training is done by Jason Nash (VCDX), which is also an author of other trainings for TrainSignal:
- Cisco UCS training I've already reviewed on my website here
- VMware vSphere Advanced Networking (my detailed post here).
- Getting Started with VCAP-DCA Training
- Advanced Storage Management
- Storage Capacity Management
- Storage Connectivity Management
- Storage Connectivity and Multipathing
- Configuring and using VLANs and PVLANs
- Physical Network Connectivity
- Managing the vSphere Distributed Switch
- Tuning vSphere Performance
- Optimizing Virtual Machines
- Advanced Distributed Resource Scheduling (DRS) Configurations
- Monitoring vSphere Performance
- Managing VMware High Availability
- Managing VMware Fault Tolerance
- Using Host Profiles
- Using Update Manager
- Configure and Inspect vSphere Log Files
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Host and VM Performance
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Networking
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Storage
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting vCenter Server and vSphere Hosts
- Securing Your ESXi Hosts
- Automation Using PowerCLI
- Using the vSphere Management Assistant (vMA)
- Custom ESXi Installations
- Using Auto Deploy for ESXi Deployment
- Next Steps
The VCAP5 exam difficult, and a lot of information is required. This training is a very complete and covers all advanced vSphere Features and requirements listed on the VCAP5-DCA blueprint. Using this course as a baseline to complete your knowledge of VMware vSphere. This course hits the blueprint on every point.
You must be quick and know how to check stuff quickly, so lab environment is a must. Physical or nested. Also to reserve your seat, it's not so easy as for a VCP exam, as the appointment to the VUE professional centers must be done by VMware first, and it might take few days.