VM Explorer – Free Tool for VMware vSphere
Trilead VM Explorer is a management tool that eases management, backup and disaster recovery tasks in your VMware ESX Server environement.
VM Explorer can be used in combination with reliable, yet cost-effective Linux and FreeBSD based storage platforms. There is SSH client build in.
There are 2 editions. First is free and the second will cost you money. The free edition is limited to 5 hosts only and the support is through the forums.
The Pro edition is for unlimited number of ESX serves and there is a nice scheduler feature for executing the management tasks.
What are the main features :
- Dynamic Compression – To make use of slow network links (e.g., for wide-area replication) or to save space on the target system, backups can be dynamically compressed.
- Multi-Server Management – The graphical user interface of VM Explorer allows to connect to multiple ESX Servers, Linux or FreeBSD servers at the same time within the same interface.
- File Browser – You can browse instantly your ESX/Linux/FreeBSD servers' file system and copy files from one to the other by drag & drop. You can also upload or download files from/into your management station.
- Integrated SSH Client – The integrated SSH Client allows you to configure all your Unix/Linux based Servers trough SSH.
- Server to Server fast copy – you can copy files directly between ESX, Linux and FreeBSD servers at full speed: throughput is only limited by the available network/storage system bandwidth.
- Job Scheduler – The integrated job scheduler allows you to perform unattened, periodic backups of your virtual infrastructure.