New book in preorder at Amazon.
This new book written by Simon Gallagher, who is a creator of vTARDIS system. vTARDIS is basically a Single -box-server running nested ESXi hypervisors. The goal of such configuration is learning. Learning vSphere infrastructure, learning networking when you're on a budget. Simon got awarded last year at VMworld Europe 2010 user awards.
His blog at vinf.net is one of my favorites I visit frequently and so I can only highly recommend to order this book. As for now the preorder is available on Amazon United Kingdom only.
Build a private cloud with the leading virtualization platform.
Driven by virtualization, the investment and adoption of cloud computing continues to grow at an impressive rate. Virtualization is the enabling technology for private clouds so it′s no wonder customers who use VMware vSphere are leveraging this leading platform for private cloud. VMware Private Cloud Computing is the first book of its kind to delve into this critical subject matter and shows IT administrators how to build a private cloud and deliver it as a service with VMware cloud computing solutions, including VMware vSphere 5 and VMware vCloud Director 1.5.
- Explains how to identify the components of a VMware private cloud and turn them into an intelligent end–user experience
- Helps you understand the delivery model of infrastructure as a service
- Zeroes in on building a service catalog with vCloud Director and make external integrations through automation
- Highlights ways to measure the impact of a private cloud on legacy applications and infrastructure
- Shows you how to deliver an end–to–end cloud solution to an end user with a fully managed guest that is integrated into the corporate network
VMware Private Cloud is essential reading for anyone who is looking to move onto the next stage of evolution of business computing.