Flowgrab beta was launched only few weeks ago, during VMworld US (read here) , but basically it provides centralized workflow repository and collaboration environment for automation community. It's an online repository where you can collaborate, share and get ideas for creating workflows for vCenter orchestrator.
FlowGrab is an Online collaborative space where developers and admins can share orchestration workflows, create teams and team profiles. It’s community driven collaboration portal which gives the resources to store workflows and manage project versions (like github).
Check it out at flowgrab.com.
FlowGrab centralized workflow repository and collaboration environment for automation community:
- REST API for external integrations – allows to search, explore flowgrab content and download selected projects
- vCO plug-in for FlowGrab – allows to search flowgrab content and download/import packages directly to vCO
- private projects (currently on request basis) – allows to create projects visible and accessible only to team members
It's kind of a back-end source code repository for versioning.
FlowGrab converts vCO packages into XML-based source code. In future releases a new developer-friendly functionality will be introduced, so stay tuned!
As being said, the tool has been done for the automation community and it’s the community that shall use this space and create a dedicated place for orchestration workflows.
The vCO plugin Features:
- Content search – Searching for projects in FlowGrab
- Package download – Download selected project packages to vCO
- Package import – Automatically import downloaded packages to vCO
- Integration with multiple repositories – Along with integration to FlowGrab.com allows to define connections to private FlowGrab enterprise appliances.
On the roadmap there are other features like Package content browsing which can browse vCO package content directly in your browser, or Version comparison which compare package versions and see the differences in your browser.
Check the Flowgrab.com site for further details.