What is technical support escalation?
With VMware you have a support for your desktop or server virtualization products. But after submitting a support request, you can also request an escalation. What'ts this?
Escalation can be Service Based or product based.
Service based can be asked for in a case for example that a when:
- impact of the client's revenue.
- long running issue without a satisfaction.
- If you're not happy with the resolution or a solution proposed.
Product based is more like internal for vMware:
- a product bug has been discovered through an issue with customer and there might be an issue with other customers.
- it's initiated internally by technical support to increase a visibility and awareness from withing Internal VMware Engineering.
There are many Vmware support centers all around the world:
Those centers operate 24/7 and are folowing the support tickets while the time changes through the globe.
How to get to the web page where you can phone VMware and ask for an escalation? You must navigate to Support > Contact Support, and then go and click on How to escalate support request link. On that page you have also a link for international support in case you're not US based. There is a link for International support numbers there. You can phone to VMware and ask an escalation there.
This video comes from VMware KB TV and it's very instructive.
Source: VMware KBTV