I want to share with you the information I found at virtual-strategy.com about Top 10 PowerShell scripts availables today. I think that it’s is a great resource, which should be bookmarked and kept safe and every ESX admin should have an online copy….
So in no ordered list:
1. Quick Migration Script from Mike diPetrillo.
2. VMware Helth Check script – from Ivo Beerens. You can e-mail the output. Can be scheduled so that for example you get every week a rapport in your mailbox with the status of the VMware environment.
3. Set Video Acceleration level inside VM to FULL – from Hugo Peeters.
4. Reporting into Microsoft Word – (Eric Sloof) – You will need MS Word and the Office Web Components (script will tell you where to download if not installed) get the script here.
5. VMWare Infrastructure Power Documenter – (Antonio Zamora)- queries VirtualCenter and produces reports of VM configurations, data center inventory, VM stats, etc.
6. List disk RDMS – lists any Raw Device Mappings (RDMs) that exist in your environment.
7. Find left snapshots – (Chris Uys) – you can have an email sent to you with the name of the VM, Snapshot Name, Description, Date of Creation and Host it is running on.
8. Free space at your Datastore – (Hugo Peeters) – track of the amount of space left on all your datastores.
9. Automated configuration midwife – (Lance Berc) – These scripts automate much of the drudgery needed to incorporate a fresh ESXi or ESX Classic Server into a Virtual Center DRS cluster.
10. The Dynamic Resource Pool Calculator – ( Eric Sloof) – recalculates all your resource pools
Source: Virtual Strategy