If you’re enterprise admin and running VMware vSphere in your company, you might be interested in following book by VMware press – Virtualizing SQL Server with VMware: Doing IT Right.
This book written by Michael Corey, Jeff Szastak and Michael Webster is currently in pre-order and the pre-order price allows you to save 19% of the final price. (Note that the release date is only planned for August 2014). The book contains the best practices and insights for successfully migrating or deploying critical DB servers withing VMware vSphere infrastructure.
Quote from Amazon:
For enterprises seeking to drive maximum value out of their IT infrastructures, the next frontier in virtualization is mission-critical applications — especially databases. But squeezing maximum performance out of a virtualized database instance is an art as much as a science. This indispensable start-to-finish guide brings together all the techniques, tips, and insights you’ll need.
Drawing on their unsurpassed personal experience, pioneering experts Michael Corey and Jeff Szastak share comprehensive best practices, tips, and insights for deploying mission critical database servers in virtualized vSphere 5 environments. Virtualizing SQL Server 2012 with VMware guides you through the entire project and database lifecycle, including:
- Migrating existing SQL Server databases onto a vSphere platform
- Baselining your physical system and properly determining resource requirements for a virtualized implementation
- Architecting design, storage, memory, and networking for superior performance
- Choosing the right hypervisor
- Leveraging SQL Server 2012 Availability Groups
- Managing and monitoring virtualized database instances and resources
Virtualizing SQL Server with VMware
The publication according to Amazon is scheduled for August 14, 2014 and as being said, the pre-order price – $36.66 with free shipping is guaranteed. Otherwise the regular price is $44.99. Order your copy here – Virtualizing SQL Server 2012 with VMware.