What is VMware Studio? I did not really know about VMware studio before. Sure, I knew that there was a OVF format and when you want to deploy a new VM from a OVF format, but a product which permit the actual development phase I was not aware of. Not until I found some info on this product on VMware Website here.
VMware Studio provides mechanisms for authoring, on-site management, distributing and deployment of production-ready virtual appliances. ISVs, hardware appliance vendors, and developers use VMware Studio to configure and package their solutions in a standards-based Open Virtualization Format (OVF).
- Windows Support (32 bit and 64 bit) 2003 & 2008 Server
- Create multi-VM vApp and multi-VM VA
- 64 bit support for SLES 10.2, RHEL 5.2 & 5.3, CentOS 5.2 & 5.3
- Extensible in-guest Management Framework
- OVF 1.0 support
- Eclipse Plugin
- Enable ESX, ESXi, VC, Server 2.0 and Workstation as provisioning engine
- Automatic Dependency Resolution (Static)
- Publish OVF to VC
- Infrastructure enhancements – GUI and Builds
- Studio-created VM as Input