VMware is releasing a new version of VMware tools 12.1 that fixes important security flaws. In fact, m malicious actor with local non-administrative access to the guest OS can escalate privileges as a root user in the virtual machine.
VMware Tools can be downloaded from the Product Download page.
The steps to install VMware Tools vary depending on your VMware product and the guest operating system you have installed. For general steps to install VMware Tools in most VMware products, see General VMware Tools installation instructions (1014294).To set up productLocker to point to the shared datastore, see KB 2004018.
This release provides packages to upgrade VMware Tools 11.2.5 or later deployments using GuestStore.
For specific instructions to install, upgrade, and configure VMware Tools, see the VMware Tools Documentation page.
- VMware vSphere 7.0 Essentials PLUS
- VMware vSphere 7.0 Essentials
- VMware vSphere 7.0 Enterprise PLUS
- VMware vSphere 7.0 with Tanzu
- VMware vSphere for Remote Office 7.0 – ROBO Standard
- VMware vSphere for Remote Office 7.0 – ROBO Advanced
- vSphere Essentials Per Incident Support
- VMware Workstation 16 Pro and Upgrade
- VMware Fusion 12 and Upgrade
- VMware Fusion 12 Pro and Upgrade
- Upgrade to vSphere Enterprise Plus
- VMware Current Promotions
More posts from ESX Virtualization:
- More Patches for VMware – vCenter 7.0U3f and ESXi 7.0U3f
- VMware vCenter Server 7.0 U3e released – another maintenance release fixing vSphere with Tanzu
- VMware vCenter Converter Discontinued – what’s your options?
- How to upgrade VMware VCSA 7 Offline via patch ISO
- vSphere 7.0 U3C Released
- vSphere 7.0 Page[All details about vSphere and related products here]
- VMware vSphere 7.0 Announced – vCenter Server Details
- VMware vSphere 7.0 DRS Improvements – What's New
- How to Patch vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA) – [Guide]
- What is The Difference between VMware vSphere, ESXi and vCenter
- How to Configure VMware High Availability (HA) Cluster