Nice new update. RVTools 3.8 Released few days back. It's a free utility for Virtual infrastructures running VMware vSphere and it has been released few days ago. RVTools 3.8 is a free utility which allows to get deep and rich information about virtual infrastructure, or single ESXi host.
The tool is part of the Free tools page I'm keeping up to date on my blog. Check it out to find your favorite tool or send me a tweet if you know a tool that you think that I should include.
RVtools has been around for many years. It's very popular among the VMware virtualization community. I personally use it as well.
RVTools 3.8 – What's New?
- VI SDK reference changed from 5.5 to 6.0
- on vInfo tab page new field: ChangeVersion unique identifier for a given version of the configuration
- on vInfo tab page new field: HA VM Monitoring status
- on vInfo tab page new fields: Number of supported monitors and Video RAM in KB.
- on vInfo tab page new field: Config status.
- VM config issues are visible on the vHealth tab page
- on vInfo tab page new field: OS according to the VMware Tools
- on vTools tab page new fields: App state, App heartbeat status and Kernel crash state
- on vTools tab page new fields: Operations availability, State change support and Interactive Guest Operations availability
- on vHost tab page new field: NTPD running state.
- NTP issues are visible on the vHealth tab page
- on vHost tab page new field: Config status.
- Host config issues are visible on the vHealth tab page
- on vCluster tab page new field: Config status.
- Cluster config issues are visible on the vHealth tab page
- on vDatastore tab page new field: Config status.
- Datastore config issues are visible on the vHealth tab page
- on vSC+VMK tab page new fields: IP 6 Address and IP 6 Gateway
- all VM related tab pages now have a VM Object ID and VM UUID columns
- all VM related tab pages now have powerstate and template columns
- all tab pages. Now have a vCenter UUID column (= unique identifier for a vCenter Server)
- all VM related tab pages. The Custom Attributes columns are now ordered alphabetically
- all tab pages. A select is now a full row select so it is easier to follow the information across many columns
In addition, there are some bug fixes as in every release…
Quote from their web site:
VI SDK to display information about your virtual machines and ESX hosts. Interacting with VirtualCenter 2.5, ESX Server 3.5, ESX Server 3i, VirtualCenter 4.x, ESX Server 4.x, VirtualCenter 5.0, VirtualCenter Appliance, ESX Server 5.0, VirtualCenter 5.1, ESX Server 5.1,VirtualCenter 5.5, ESX Server 5.5, VirtualCenter 6.0 and ESX Server 6.0. RVTools is able to list information about VMs, CPU, Memory, Disks, Partitions, Network, Floppy drives, CD drives, Snapshots, VMware tools, Resource pools, Clusters, ESX hosts, HBAs, Nics, Switches, Ports, Distributed Switches, Distributed Ports, Service consoles, VM Kernels, Datastores, Multipath info and health checks.
I found this tool very easy to use and I always talk to my customers about RVtools. Many of them keep using it.
Each tab has tons of informations. My preferred Tab is probably vHealth….
Get your copy – www.robware.net
Check our Free Tools page here where you can find not only utilities for VMware, but also various utilities for IT admins.