This post is a part of our Free VCP Study Guide where we cover all topics present on the VMware blueprint that is helpful as a guideline. You can find all topics for the VCP7-DCV Study Guide here. The page is a work in progress for now, but we're confident and working on new content on daily basis.
VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF) is a hybrid cloud platform. There are two pre-packaged workload domain types, Virtual Infrastructure (VI) and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI). VMware VCF provides a simple and easy-to-use architecture that allows consistent and secure infrastructure operations between private and public clouds.
VCF has an automated way to install vSphere and all the necessary components (vCenter, vSAN, NSX-T and vRealize suite). The latest release also supports vSphere with Tanzu in order to support VMs and containers on the same platform.
- The exam duration is 130 minutes
- The number of questions is 70
- The passing Score is 300
- Price = $250.00
You don't need to install each piece manually, but instead, it gives you the possibility to install the solution automatically. There are two appliances: VMware Cloud Builder and SDDC Manager.
So the vCloud builder gives you this:
- VMware ESXi
- VMware vCenter Server
- VMware NSX for vSphere
- VMware vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager
- VMware vRealize Operations Manager
- VMware vRealize Log Insight
- Content Packs for Log Insight
- VMware vRealize Automation
- VMware vRealize Business for Cloud
- VMware Site Recovery Manager
- vSphere Replication
The SDDC Manager automates the lifecycle management. It means the configuration and provisioning, and updates and patching. The Cloud Builder appliance installs the following components:
- SDDC Manager
- VMware vSphere
- VMware vSAN
- NSX for vSphere
- vRealize Suite
Use cases are for vCloud Foundation:
- Private and Hybrid Cloud
- Modern Apps (Development)
- VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure)
You can test it via free Hands-On Labs here.
This topic is a part of a free learning resource allowing you to pass VMware Certification VCP-DCV 2020 based on the vSphere 7 product. The whole study guide, available here VCP7-DCV Study Guide – VCP-DCV 2020 Certification, helps you master all the topics required to become VMware Certified.
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more…
VMware Direct download/buy links:
- VMware vSphere 7.0 Essentials PLUS
- VMware vSphere 7.0 Essentials
- VMware vSphere 7.0 Enterprise PLUS
- vSphere Essentials Per Incident Support
- Upgrade to vSphere Enterprise Plus
- VMware Current Promotions
More posts from ESX Virtualization:
- vSphere 7 U2 Released
- vSphere 7.0 Download Now Available
- vSphere 7.0 Page [All details about vSphere and related products here]
- VMware vSphere 7.0 Announced – vCenter Server Details
- VMware vSphere 7.0 DRS Improvements – What's New
- How to Patch vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA) – [Guide]
- What is The Difference between VMware vSphere, ESXi and vCenter
- How to Configure VMware High Availability (HA) Cluster