VMware is going Cross-Cloud! It is a new offering from VMware, to help companies use hybrid-clouds with a number of major cloud service providers.There are AWS, Azure, Google and IBM Cloud listed and customers shall be able to run, manage and connect their VMs and applications withing a single pane of glass. VMware Introduces Cross-Cloud Architecture and Cloud services. A possibility to run workloads onprem or in different public cloud, and do a migration in between.
VMware has announced IBM partnership for Hybrid cloud expansion, and we know that IBM and Apple partners together so Apple can be closer to the enterprise level of customers, instead just of the end-user level. One of the new clients that VMware is talking about is Hotel's Mariott International.
The main announces:
- New VMware Cross Cloud Architecture – extends VMware’s hybrid cloud strategy. This enables customers to run, manage, connect and secure their applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
- New VMware Cloud Foundation is a unified SDDC platform that makes it easy for customers to manage and run their SDDC clouds. It simplifies the installation, update and lifecycle management of private cloud infrastructure, and offers a new “as a service” option that delivers the full power of the SDDC in a hybrid cloud environment. (Cloud foundation product page)
- VMware is also previewing new Cross-Cloud services to give customers the ability to manage, govern and secure applications running in private and public clouds, including AWS. Azure and IBM Cloud.
- New VMware vCloud Availability for vCloud Director – is a new family of disaster recovery offerings purpose built for vCloud Air Network partners.
- The New Version of VMware vCloud Hybrid Cloud Manager (VMware SDDC Manager) provides VMware vSphere users zero-downtime application migration to VMware vCloud Air
The new offer is called VMware Cloud Foundation and integrates vSphere, VSAN and NSX into a single unified stack that can be provisioned on premise or be run as a service in the cloud. The core of the system is SDDC manager.
VMware Cloud Foundation is the unified SDDC platform that brings together VMware’s vSphere, Virtual SAN and NSX into a natively integrated stack to deliver enterprise-ready cloud infrastructure for the private and public cloud.
Image courtesy of VMware…
VMware Cloud Foundation can be deployed on premises but can also run as a service in the cloud. For private clouds, customers can combine Cloud Foundation with a range of qualified VSAN Ready Nodes from Dell, QCT and HP and switches from Cisco and Arista, or procure the turnkey integrated systems VCE VxRack 1000 SDDC.
- SDDC9035-S – SDDC and Hyper-converged has Arrived – Get on Board!
- SDDC8618-S – Introducing VMware Cloud Foundation
- SDDC9108 – VMware Cloud Foundation – Future Innovations
- SDDC8621 – VMware Cloud Foundation: Technical Deep Dive
- SDDC8748 – Building a Successful Business Case for VMware Cloud Foundation
- SDDC8351 – How VMware Cloud Foundation Makes Your Private Cloud Operation More Efficient
- Hands-On-Lab (HOL 1706-SDC-5)