vExpert program nominations is here again. This year change is that new vExperts can get nominated through the year and every quarter the application will be re-examined to perhaps let you in.
The are now quarterly nominations into the 2014 vExpert program. We will leave the application open year round and at the end of each quarter we will begin the voting process for new vExperts from the previous quarter. So even if you are not picked to become a vExpert 2014 right away, we will allow for quarterly voting and nominations.
Current vExperts can go through the shortcut to re-nominate themselves for 2014 while new candidates must fill more detailed form. It's been published by VMware – here is the announcement. Applications for the 2014 vExpert program are open. You can submit and select new candidate (or confirm yourself as existing candidates).
The vExpert program runs since 2009.
As every year, there are different paths in the vExpert program:
- Evangelist Path: The Evangelist Path includes book authors, bloggers, tool builders, public speakers, and other IT professionals who share their knowledge and passion with others with the leverage of a personal public platform to reach many people. Employees of VMware can also apply via the Evangelist pathway.
- Customer Path: The Customer Path is for internal evangelists and community leaders from VMware customer organizations. They have contributed to success stories, customer references, or public interviews and talks, or were active community contributors, such as VMUG leaders.
- VPN (VMware Partner Network) Path: The VPN Path is for employees of our partner companies who lead with passion and by example, who are committed to continuous learning and to making their technical knowledge and expertise available to many. This can take shape of event participation, video, IP generation, as well as public speaking engagements.
The nomination links:
- Current 2013 vExperts use the 2014 vExpert Fast Track application: https://bit.ly/1ikZ8hi
- 2014 vExpert application: https://bit.ly/LMJqB5
- Recommend someone apply to become a 2014 vExpert: https://bit.ly/1bobFfF
- Applications will be accepted up until March 6th at midnight PST. Applications received after the March 6th deadline will roll into the Q2 nomination & voting process.