A fellow blogger and book author Xavier Genestos released a new book called Bitlocker for IT Admins. Like every year he kindly asks me to write a small post about that. This year he wrote about Bitlocker technology from Microsoft and how it can help IT, administrators, to secure their data. The book is in Spanish language.
BitLocker is capable of encrypting entire hard drives, including both system and data drives. Encryption helps protect the data on your device so it can only be accessed by people who have authorization.
The objective of this book is that after reading it, we can quietly implement this encryption solution in a controlled way, we know how to solve and above all prevent the different problems that we may encounter.
- Workbook, in A4 format, easy to read.
- Fundamentally practical, clear and concise.
- Laboratories and scenarios proposed for easy deployment.
- Oriented to the subsequent implementation in a small, medium or large network.
If you don't know Lulu, it is a Print-on-demand library where authors self-publish their books and then when someone buys, the book only is printed and distributed to the buyer. It is more efficient and cheaper for authors than the traditional publishing process. Applying an ISBN and meeting distribution requirements makes books eligible for distribution to online retail outlets such as Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, and Apple's iBookstore.
The books can be purchased at the LULU publishing and they are sent to the whole world.
Description of the book by the author in Spanish: https://www.sysadmit.com/2020/02/libro-bitlocker-para-administradores-IT.html
FAQ for the purchase of SYSADMIT books: https://www.sysadmit.com/p/faq-books.html
Index of the book: https://www.sysadmit.com/p/vista-previa.html
Link of the book in LULU is here. Check it out.
More from ESX Virtualization
- Windows Server 2019 Book in Spanish
- 5 Ways to Change Hostname of your ESXi host
- How To Disable Timeout on your ESXi Host Client – The Easy Way [Tip]
- How to reset ESXi 6.x root password and under which conditions
- VMware API Explorer Is a Free Built-in Utility in VCSA
- V2V Migration with VMware – 5 Top Tips
- ESXi Free Version – 3 Ways to Clone a VM
- What is ESXi Compatibility Checker?
- How To SlipStream Latest VMware ESXi patches into an Installation ESXi ISO File
Stay tuned through RSS, and social media channels (Twitter, FB, YouTube)
Kenny D says
This is a great idea for a book. Many businesses don’t realize that just enabling BitLocker will protect their Windows machine data (desktop and laptop) when the machine is lost or stolen.
The bigger issue is how to manage the BitLocker Keys when an IT person needs to support multiple computers. There are obviously products such as Microsoft MBAM, Intune, and TruGrid that can help with this.