VMware has announced new certification to the already crowded number of certifications. There is four VMware Certified Associate (VCE) certification. And with good news is that there is no obligatory training in order to pass those certifications and get the VCE certification!
Which certifications are available?
- VMware Certified Associate – Cloud (VCA-Cloud)
- VMware Certified Associate – Data Center Virtualization (VCA-DCV)
- VMware Certified Associate – Workforce Mobility (VCA-WM)
- VMware Certified Associate – Network Virtualization (VCA-NV) Coming Soon
So for example to became the VCA-DCV you can (it's recommended only – not an obligation) follow the VMware Data Center Virtualization fundamentals, which is a freely accessible online course.
With each of those exams you will get some advantages too:
- Official Transcript
- Recognition of your technical knowledge
- Use of VCA-DCV logo
- Access to the exclusive VCA portal
- Discounted admissions to VMware events
- Opportunities for your career advancement
It's quite a good news for people which do not hold currently any VMware certification. This will be probably considered as an entry level VMware certification, where the second logical step would be to pass VCP, and then VCAP certifications.
But it's good. I think it is a step forward. People can get certified without too much cost for mandatory class. It will help to get more people trained and more people which can possibly became higher technically trained and certified as becoming VCP might get tougher with future releases of VMware vSphere and the evolution of those exams.
Source: VMware Education