Just a quick recap post as we’re heading towards the end of the year. I thought that I publish which posts were “successful” in terms of web traffic. The ones which were the most read through the year. At first, I thought that I publish a TOP 5 or top 6, but then I thought that it would be better to post actually top 12 as during each month there is one post which gets most hits. So this post’s name is Top 12 Most Viewed Posts in 2016.
2016 was a great year. I managed to maintain my blogging schedule and posted often. The blog grew up, again. In terms of web traffic, the increase is between 15-20% compared to last year. I know, the year isn’t finished yet.
Is it a success for me? Is it something that I’ve been working on for quite a few years now? Yes, it is. I often get this question how do I do, to post so much content. And the reason is simple. I like what I do and I put a lot of energy into it. That’s first. Second, It is not new, what I’m doing. I blog since almost a decade and so my writing skills has evolved. My non-native English got better over the years so I feel more confident writing. Also, I started using a new tool for grammar called Grammarly.
Speaking is another thing. I did publish some new videos to the YouTube Channel, and they’re doing quite well too.
I have some news I’d like to share with you, my readers. I also blog for other publications, such as 4sysops maintained by Michael Pietroforte, and recently I also started to collaborate with TechTarget.com as an external writer. So it seems that I’ll be even busier next year….
OK, Let’s get things done. Here is the
Top 12 Most Viewed Posts of 2016
- January – Run Nested ESXi in AWS or Google with RavelloSystems
- February – VMware Horizon 7 Details – Instant Clones, Blast Extreme ++
- March – VMware vSAN 6.2 Released as Part of vSphere 6.0 Update 2
- April – Windows Server 2016 Active Directory Improvements
- May – Windows Server 2016 Active Directory Installation Guide
- June – Top 5 Backup Software for VMware Infrastructure
- July – VCP6-DTM Study Guide Free PDF download
- August – Vembu Backup and Disaster Recovery (BDR) Product Review (Sponsored)
- September – VMware Integrated Openstack 3.0.0 Released
- October – Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Download
- November – How to Upgrade ESXi 6.0 to 6.5 via ISO
- December – VMware VCSA 6.5 Active-Passive Setup With Simple Configuration – [LAB]
Now those were the most successful posts. But there are posts which did not make it to this top 12 but I personally like as I’ve done them for my own need (bookmarking) and because they help, they teach how to do stuff. Here are some of them:
- Quickprep or Sysprep – What’s the difference?
- Convert NT4 physical to VM on ESXi 6.0
- vRealize Automation 7 Simple Install
- How-to Create Autodeploy ISO for Automated ESXi Installations
- ESXi Commands List – Snapshot Deletion Monitoring
- Windows Server 2016 – How to configure data deduplication
- Windows Server 2016 Essentials vs Standard
- How to upgrade ESXi 6.0 to ESXi 6.5 via Offline Bundle
- How to Upgrade ESXi 6.0 to 6.5 via CLI [On Line]
- How to Migrate Windows Based vCenter to VCSA 6.5 [Lab]
- How to create a USB media with ESXi 6.5 Installation
- VMware vSphere 6.5 and New Image builder GUI – LAB
Most stupid thing I’ve done in 2016?
Perhaps that I accidentally put my Gopro Hero 4 Silver into a water… Seconds after I was pretty upset. Salty water in GoPro is no good……The thing is that the camera was with a protection case but WITHOUT the back waterproof door !!! You know there is a back door which is like open, with a hole in it? To have a better sound when recording? It’s that one which was on….. Oh well, I had to order a new GoPro v5.0….
Well, this is about it for today. I hope that my friends, peer bloggers, twitter friends or FB friends enjoying X-mass time. So enjoy your X-mass time or just a time OFF with your family -:)
If you’re homelabbing or studying vSphere 6.5, you can check all posts about vSphere 6.5 on our vSphere 6.5 dedicated WordPress page.