If you currently use PowerCLI to automate basic tasks with pre-defined scripts, you’ll already know how powerful automation can be. However, taking the next step and customizing scripts to carry out tasks specifically designed for your needs opens a whole new world of opportunities.
This new eBook from Altaro takes you there.
Written by VMware vExpert Xavier Avrillier, this free eBook presents a use-case approach to learning how to automate tasks in vSphere environments using PowerCLI.
We start by covering the basics of installation, set up, and an overview of PowerCLI terms. From there we move into scripting logic and script building with step-by-step instructions of truly useful custom scripts, including:
- How to retrieve data on vSphere objects
- Display VM performance metrics
- How to build HTML reports and schedule them
- Basics on building functions
- And more!
Stop looking at scripts online in envy because you wish you could build your own scripts. Download PowerCLI: The Aspiring Automator’s Guide now and get started on your path to automation greatness!
Want a chance to win one of three $20 Amazon vouchers?
Download the free eBook and answer the following question in the comments:
What should be the topic of Altaro’s next eBook?
Winners will be chosen by lucky draw and announced after 30th September. Limited to one entry per person.
Note: This is a sponsored post entry by Altaro.
More from ESX Virtualization
- What is VMware Horizon Session Recording Tool?
- Better Windows Shell and Terminal Emulator – Cmder
- What is VMware Platform Service Controller (PSC)?
- What is vCenter Embedded Linked Mode in vSphere 6.7?
- VMware vExpert 2019 – This is vExpert x11
- Chocolatey is a cool package manager for Windows