vRealize Code Stream is new product that has been announced by VMware here in Barcelona. The product allows shorter release cycles and more agile development processes. In fact it streamline and automate the software delivery process with visibility across the entire release process.
What to retain from the announces is also vRealize Operations Management Suite (vROPS), vRealize Automation Center (previously vCAC) or vRealize Log Insight 2.5. Also the benefit of content packs providing deeper information on different stack of the virtual infrastructure – vRealize Operations Management Packs.
Now back to vRealize Code Stream upcoming product. The problem with traditional release management is that if you have many releases with few changes than you might get DevOps conflicts resulting risk because of a lot of manual steps. On the other hand the large amount of changes introduces high performance and availability risk to production.
vRealize Code Stream allows to push out releases frequently by leveraging your existing development tools (Visual Studio, Eclipse, Git, Perforce, Subversion….), and automating most steps giving more visibility into each phase.
vRealize code Stream Features:
- Streamline and automate the software delivery process
- Provides governance and visibility across the entire release process
- Rapidly and reliably push out frequent releases
The development process with vRealize Code Stream.
And another shot showing the visibility that you obtain:
The availability of the software is TBE.
Other Announcements from VMworld Barcelona 2014:
- Management Packs for vRealize Operations Management Suite 6.0
- vRealize Operations Management Suite 6.0 Announced (vROPS)
- vRealize Log Insight 2.5 Announced
- vRealize Automation Center (Previously vCAC) Announced