During VMworld Barcelona 2016 I had an occasion to pass by the Zerto booth and check what's new. Zerto v 5.0 is in preparation, to be released later this year. And I also already blogged earlier with some other details in my post here. The latest version of Zerto 5.0 can simultaneously replicate a VM to multiple target platforms that are supported, which includes local or remote VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Zerto Cloud Service Provider infrastructures.
Zerto does not use hypervisor's snapshot technology for replication purposes. Zerto’s Virtual Replication Appliance (VRA) is able to tap into a virtual machine’s IO stream causing no overhead or performance problems. The VRA uses the vSphere APIs to see the data flowing from the VM each time there is a read or write operation. Therefore, each time the virtual machine writes to its virtual disks, the write command is captured, cloned, and sent to the recovery site.
Joshua Stenhouse (Zerto) and me during the VMworld Barcelona 2016
I was able to record two videos with Josh, where the first one will highlight the new features present in the Zerto 5.0. The second video is a small demo from within the Zerto UI.
And the second one….
Download Zerto trial from their website.
Some recent lab posts about Zerto:
- Zerto Virtual Replication Lab Deployment
- How-to Create Virtual Protection Group (VPG) In Zerto and start protecting your VMs
- Zerto Virtual Replication 4.5 adds Journal File Level Recovery and More
- How-to Configure Backup in Zerto Virtual Replication
- Zerto Virtual Replication – Stay Protected even if ESXi host is in maintenance mode
- Zerto Virtual Replication 5.0 details and demo – [This post]
More from ESX Virtualization:
- VMware vCenter Server Standard vs Foundation – Differences
- vSphere 6.5
- VMware API Explorer Is a Free Built-in Utility in VCSA
- Free Tools
- How to Configure Statistics Collection Intervals in vCenter
- How to reset root password in vCenter Server Appliance 6.5
- VMware vSphere Standard vs Enterprise Plus