How-to install and manage ESXi Server inside VMWare Workstation 6.5
I'm quite enjoying making those videos. I find that using videos is much more direct than to do a long article. So this time I'm going to show you a video about the installation of ESXi server inside of VMware Workstation. The workstation is actually my favorite testing program. I registered with VMware for the testing the beta 6.5…, it's quite nice. Not buggy for the moment. We'll see.
So I'm using the same hardware as in the previous video about the installation of ESX Server (laptop from Fujitsu-Siemens with 4GB of RAM with Intel VT capable processor). It's ok for doing some testing, you know, but then if you want to load a bit you'll really need a server.
The ESXi server from VMware is free to download now. So whenever at your job you'll want to experiment the installation for free, it's fine. The ESXi is not much big (only 32Mb), there is not any Linux console to manage it. You have the possibility to manage the server from your browser, without the need of installing some other software. Enjoy the video…
- How to Install latest ESXi VMware Patch – [Guide]
- How to Connect to vCenter 6 vPostgres Database with PgAdmin – [Guide]
- Nested ESXi 6 in a lab – [ Guide]
- Install ESXi 6 to USB as Destination or Have it as Source (USB installer)
Also, I have recently rebuild my lab. It's got a great facelift, which was not cheap as I took it as an investment in my career:
ESX Virtualization – The Lab!
- Building Power Efficient ESXi Server – Start with an Efficient Power Supply
- ESXi Home Lab – Get a quality and comfortable case
- Supermicro Single CPU Board for ESXi Home lab – X10SRH-CLN4F
- Supermicro Single CPU Board for ESXi Home lab – X10SRH-CLN4F – Part 2
- Supermicro Single CPU Board for ESXi Home lab – Upgrading LSI 3008 HBA on the X10SRH-CLN4F
- Building Energy Efficient ESXi Home Lab – parts list
- Homelab – Airflow Solar System