This is hands on lab video about how to install VMware Horizon View 5.2 Connection server. It's a step-by-step video, which is another video that comes from a Free video serie produced by VMware. You'll learn also how-to:
- Setup an Event Database (New)
- Enter a Syslog destination (New) from within the View Administrator console
Horizon View 5.2 is standalone product, previously called VMware View, but with the launch of Horizon Workspace Suite which details you can read about in my post here: VMware Horizon Workspace – New Suite from VMware.
You can also note the explanations for each of the options, on the right hand side, which are explained.
The new video series from VMware which covers Horizon View 5.2, MAC client updates or some GPO settings with demos. The videos are done by VMware Certified Instructor, Linus Bourque. The video is small overview of what's covered in the real training course VMware Horizon View Install, configure, manage Instructor-led class for VCP 5-DT certification.
You might want to check out my post about the new VMware certification paths, which has been introduced several months ago and which are regularly updated. The post New VMware Certification Roadmap gives you the details.
I have done VMware View 5.0 setup in my lab and blogged about it. Even slightly outdated, recently updated with VMware Horizon View 5.2 Connection Server SSL Certificate How-to.
Video on How-to Install Horizon View 5.2 connection server.
- Free videos for VMware Horizon View 5.2 – User Experience
- VMware Horizon View 5.2 – what's new in ease of management and TCO
- VMware Horizon View 5.2 – Installation of Horizon View Connection Server – this post
- VMware Horizon View 5.2 – MAC client update and demo
- VMware Horizon View 5.2 Blast Client and Demo
- Optimizing PCoIP GPO Settings Horizon View 5.2
Source: VMware Blog