This is another free video Free video series available at VMware. This video shows what’s new in VMware Horizon View 5.2 and how those features benefit for the administrator, with the ease of management and total cost of ownership.
Which management improvements has been added to Horizon View 5.2?
- The speed – which leads to time savings and lower OPEX. More than 2 times faster management operation ( provisioning, recompose and rebalance).
- Larger pools – no more 8 host per pool limit.
- Multi Network – you can split the network within a pool with multiple network labels. (via PowerShell)
The access, the browsing in the View Admin is much faster. I can compare to View 5.0 and 5.1 where the admin UI was kind of “lazy” but nothing to do with the 5.2 which is fast and responding well. I’m using the beta of View 5.2. The new look and feel of the interface matches the overall UI of the new vSphere Web client too.
The new video series from VMware which covers Horizon View 5.2, MAC client updates or some GPO settings with demos. The videos are done by VMware Certified Instructor, Linus Bourque. The video is small overview of what's covered in the real training course VMware Horizon View Install, configure, manage Instructor-led class for VCP 5-DT certification.
You might want to check out my post about the new VMware certification paths, which has been introduced several months ago and which are regularly updated. The post New VMware Certification Roadmap gives you the details.
The author of those video series is VMware Certified Instructor, Linus Bourque.
What's new in Horizon View 5.2?
- Free videos for VMware Horizon View 5.2 – User Experience
- VMware Horizon View 5.2 – what's new in ease of management and TCO – this post
- VMware Horizon View 5.2 – Installation of Horizon View Connection Server
- VMware Horizon View 5.2 – MAC client update and demo
- VMware Horizon View 5.2 Blast Client and Demo
- Optimizing PCoIP GPO Settings Horizon View 5.2
Source: VMware Blog