VMware vSphere 5.0 is Generally Available !
After such a long time wait for many of you, the VMware vSphere 5.0 is finally available so anyone can download and test. Clients on active SnS can upgrade after checking their HCL on this page. Many clients will be doing a lab tests before the actual upgrade, and there will be (I'm sure) some best practices on upgrades as well.
The product is available for download at VMware Website. The first announce of vSphere 5 went live the 12th of July, but the GA is only today. Go and download a Free 60 days Trial of vSphere 5.0, or you can download a Free VMware Hypervisor based on the ESXi 5.0 which is entitled for 32Gigs of vRAM. It means that you can have powered On VMs with Total 32Gigs of RAM and not that the physical host can have only 32Gig. This is quite a common mistake made by people, because they're just not informed about it.
My posts about vSphere 5 so far:
– vSphere 5 – vCenter as a linux VM
– vSphere 5 – New High Availability Agent Introduced – FDM
– VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.0] Training Course by VMware Education
– VMFS-5 introduced in vSphere 5
– VMware vSphere 5 performance enhancements whitepaper
– ESXi 5.0 vRAM entitlement changes
– VMware vSphere 5 – Virtual Machine Hardware Version 8
– Video of installation of VMware VSA – vSphere Storage Appliance
– vSphere 5 – Clean ESXi 5.0 Installation video from my lab
– vSphere 5 – upgrading vCenter Server video
– vSphere 5 – Installing web client
Go, download and test VMware vSphere 5 now !
Otherwise what I can recommend is vSphere-land.com – Eric Siebert's excellent ressource on links on vSphere 5. There is pretty much everything.. -:).
I know I can do better, but while working on client's projects and assuming the contracts one cannot be perfect everywhere. But stay tuned for more… It seems that my RSS Feed is half working… -:) so If it's not please Re subscribe once again to the Feed. I did managed to fix my comment system as well. Those are just few of those WordPress blogger troubles… -:).