VMware VDR – VMware Data Recovery – Restore your Data:
In my video series concerning a VMware Backup solution for Virtual Infrastructure – VMware DATA Recovery (VDR), I published Part 1 and Part 2 video series go get started to install and configure. VMware VDR continues with this third video.
Today we will watch my Third Video in my video series which shows you the basics of VDR.
If you want to go further and learn some more, then there is an excellent video training course fromTrainsignal.
In this video you will see that it's quite easy to restore complete VM from your backup we made in Part 2.
You also might be able to see a test restore with functionality called Restore Rehearsal. Restore Rehearsal is a test restore which can helps you validate a that a virtual machine is being backed up as expected and that a successful restore operation would complete as expected.
To backup Virtual machines data deduplication is used to reduce storage requirements using block-based in-line destination deduplication technology that VMware developed.
VMware VDR – File level restore support:
VMware Data Recovery provides a capability called File Level Restore (FLR) for you to restore the files that you need without restoring the whole virtual machine. You have to use a command line utility called vdrFileRestore.exe supplied with VMware Data Recovery (VDR). This utility is to install inside of the VM where we need to restore individual files. Also you have to have at least one snapshot available for this functionality to work.
In this video:
– Showing a Restore Rehearsal ( a test restore)
– Restore of complete virtual machine.
More on VMware Data Recovery:
- VDR connectivity and divers troubleshooting
- VMware Data Recovery 2.0 – the upgrade process from earlier version
- Troubleshooting tool for VDR
- VDR plugin do not connect to VDR appliance
- How-to enable verbose logging in VDR – VMware Data Recovery
- If you're trying to use Windows CIFS with VDR
- How to fix damaged restore points in VDR
- Using VMware Data Recovery without vCenter?
- VDR appliance not mounting automatically the backup destination after reboot
- VDR – how to get a log bundle before you call the support
- How-to update VDR to 1.2
- Do you want to see a little magic?
- VDR backup fail error
- VMware Data Recovery – a tool for Easy backups of your Virtual Infrastructure
- VMware VDR – vSphere Data Recovery – part 3 – Restore Your Data – this post
- VMware Data Recovery – your first backup – part 2 video
- VMware Data Recovery – install and configure video- part1
- Data recovery – new GUI backup tool present in vSphere 4