VMware just published on YouTube the principal keynotes from Day 1 and Day 2. The VMworld 2014 US Keynotes Day 1 and Day 2 Videos are on YouTube.
There are tons of announces, which some of those you might expected (vSphere 6.0) but some you did not (VSAN Beta 2.0…). And the biggest one (IMHO) is the one about EVO: RAIL, which is a first VMware Hyper-Converged appliance where VMware is partnering with OEM partners (Dell, EMC, Fujitsu, Inspur, Net One, and Supermicro) to provide the hardware.
VMware does provide the software which installs on the servers automatically without much effort in roughly 15 minutes. There is also a possibility to install the EVO: RAIL by using a configuration file (json file based on XML) where you previously entered the details about the IP addressing scheme etc.
The videos are available on YouTube. If your connection isn’t very reliable you can possibly download them by using software which allows to do that. So here are the sessions:
Monday – Day 1:
vCloud Suite 5.8, VSAN Beta 2.0, vSphere Beta 6.0….
vCloud Air, vRealize Suite, NSX and Micro-Segmentation …
Tuesday – Day 2:
Demos, Demos…. and other announces…. Multi vCPU Fault Tolerance, Long-Distance vMotion, vMotion across Clusters, vMotion across virtual switches.…
Horizon Workspace new version (integrating recently acquired AirWatch for managing and protecting mobile devices)..
VMworld has brought many new products announcements and new directions for VMware. There is product rebranding like vCHS change into vCloud Air and there are some cool new technologies that will be integrated into VMware. Here I think of OpenStack which deployment and installation is simplified, or new emerging projects like Docker containers.
VMworld isn’t finished yet and there is more to come. but if you missed the US version of VMworld you can still register for VMworld Barcelona and see the show live.
- VMware EVO:RAIL – New hyper-converged solution by VMware
- What’s New in VMware NSX For vSphere 6.1
- VMware OpenStack Integration
- Infinio Accelerator v2.0 Announced with FC, iSCSI, FCoE, NFS and Enviromnents with Multiple Protocols
- VMworld 2014 FlowGrab Beta Launching Centralized Workflow Repository
- Fujitsu One Of the First OEM Partners Announcing VMware EVO: RAIL Integration
- vRealize Cloud Management …
- vMotion Enhancements in vSphere 6.0 – Long Distance vMotion, Across vSwitches and Across vCenters
- VMworld 2014 US Keynotes Day1 and Day 2 Videos (this post)
- DataDog Adds VMware vSphere Support
- Rapid-Cloning Technology (project Fargo) and copy-on-write architecture – Future of Desktop Virtualization