This is a new WordPress Page where you'll find an upcoming VCP6.7-DCV Study Guide. In fact, the certification's name is “The VCP-DCV 2019 certification“. It is a new certification for 2019 focusing on installation, configuration, and management of VMware vSphere 6.7.
To become VCP-DCV 2019 certified you have 3 different choices of exam:
- Professional vSphere 6.7 Exam 2019 (this page)
- VMware Certified Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization exam (our VCP6.5-DCV Study Guide Page which is complete)
- VMware Certified Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization Delta exam
Note: You must be VCP5, or VCP6. If, not, you must attend a class and have no “Delta” exam possibility.
This “VCP6.7-DCV Study Guide” page is based on the official VMware blueprint has 41 Objectives compared to VCP6.5-DCV Study Guide has only 31 Objectives to cover.
It means that you need “less effort” to achieve the same certification, the VCP-DCV 2019 certification, if you pass the VCP6.5-DCV exam (or the “VCP6.5-DCV Delta”).
The VCP-DCV 2019 certification details:
- Based on 2V0-21.19 exam number
- Will have 70 questions
- Duration of 115 minutes.
- Passing score is 300.
This page is Work-in-progress for now.
Quote: The VCP-DCV 2019 certification validates candidate skills to implement, manage, and troubleshoot a vSphere V6.7 infrastructure, using best practices to provide a powerful, flexible, and secure foundation for business agility that can accelerate the transformation to cloud computing.
Here the current Blueprint: (Original PDF Online at VMware is here 2V0-21.19).
VCP6.7-DCV Study Guide – VCP-DCV 2019 Certification
|Section 1||VMware vSphere Architectures and Technologies|
|1.||Objective 1.1||Identify the pre-requisites and components for vSphere implementation|
|2.||Objective 1.2||Identify vCenter high availability (HA) requirements|
|3.||Objective 1.3||Describe storage types for vSphere|
|4.||Objective 1.4||Differentiate between NIOC and SIOC|
|5.||Objective 1.5||Manage vCenter inventory efficiently|
|6.||Objective 1.6||Describe and differentiate among vSphere, HA, DRS, and SDRS functionality|
|7.||Objective 1.7||Describe and identify resource pools and use cases|
|8.||Objective 1.8||Differentiate between VDS and VSS|
|9.||Objective 1.9||Describe the purpose of a cluster and the features it provides|
|10.||Objective 1.10||Describe a virtual machine (VM) file structure|
|11.||Objective 1.11||Describe vMotion and Storage vMotion technology|
|Section 2||VMware Products and Solutions|
|12.||Objective 2.1||Describe vSphere integration with other VMware products|
|13.||Objective 2.2||Describe HA solutions for vSphere|
|14.||Objective 2.3||Describe the options for securing a vSphere environment|
|Section 4||Installing, Configuring, and Setting Up a VMware vSphere Solution|
|15.||Objective 4.1||Understand basic log output from vSphere products|
|16.||Objective 4.2||Create and configure vSphere objects|
|17.||Objective 4.3||Set up a content library|
|18.||Objective 4.4||Set up ESXi hosts|
|19.||Objective 4.5||Configure virtual networking|
|20.||Objective 4.6||Deploy and configure VMware vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA)|
|21.||Objective 4.7||Set up identity sources|
|22.||Objective 4.8||Configure an SSO domain|
|Section 5||Performance-tuning and Optimizing a VMware vSphere Solution|
|23.||Objective 5.1||Determine effective snapshot use cases|
|24.||Objective 5.2||Monitor resources of VCSA in a vSphere environment|
|25.||Objective 5.3||Identify impacts of VM configurations|
|Section 7||Administrative and Operational Tasks in a VMware vSphere Solution|
|26.||Objective 7.2||Manage datastores|
|27.||Objective 7.3||Configure a storage policy|
|28.||Objective 7.4||Configure host security|
|29.||Objective 7.5||Configure role-based user management|
|30.||Objective 7.6||Configure and use vSphere Compute and Storage cluster options|
|31.||Objective 7.7||Perform different types of migrations|
|32.||Objective 7.8||Manage resources of a vSphere environment|
|33.||Objective 7.9||Create and manage VMs using different methods|
|34.||Objective 7.10||Create and manage templates|
|35.||Objective 7.11||Manage different VMware vCenter Server objects|
|36.||Objective 7.12||Setup permissions on datastores, clusters, vCenter, and hosts|
|37.||Objective 7.13||Identify and interpret affinity/anti-affinity rules|
|38||Objective 7.14||Understand use cases for alarms|
|39.||Objective 7.15||Utilize VMware vSphere Update Manager (VUM)|
|40.||Objective 7.16||Configure and manage host profiles|
Download the recommended documentation set as recommended courses:
Here are the direct links: (note that the location/content might change so I'm not proposing this set as ZIP).
- https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.7/vsphere-esxi-vcenter-server-671-platform-services-controller-administration-guide.pdf (Update 1)
- https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.7/vsphere-esxi-vcenter-server-671-host-management-guide.pdf (Update 1)
- https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.7/vsphere-esxi-vcenter-server-671-appliance-configuration-guide.pdf (Update 1)
- https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.7/vsphere-vcenter-server-671-installation-guide.pdf (Update 1)
- https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.7/vsphere-esxi-671-installation-setup-guide.pdf (Update 1)
- vSphere resource management Update 1 (11 January 2019)
- VMware VCP Exam Vouchers – VCP exam vouchers may be used as payment for different VMware certification exams:
- On-Deman Courses – Provides a robust, self-paced learning solution delivering modular training combined with hands-on practice labs, giving you a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training.
- VMware Learning Credits – Learning Credits provide the dual benefit of funding a well-trained IT staff, along with discounts options of up to 15 percent. Customers can schedule training when and how they need it. Customers can buy credits at the time of license purchase or as a stand-alone purchase.
VCP6.7-DCV Study Guide
VCP6.7-DCV Study Guide is a Free community study guide helping to pass the latest VMware VCP6.7-DCV Certification exam. VMware just released a new certification for 2019 and it's focusing on installation, configuration and management of VMware vSphere 6.7