VMware products line Update. The vSphere 5.1a release has been released yesterday. The release updates many of the vSphere 5.1 components. Not only vCenter 5.1a, but also many others software appliances and vCloud suite products.
You can upgrade to this version of vCenter Server from the following previous versions:
– vCenter Server 4.1, 4.1 Ux
– vCenter Server 5.0, 5.0 Ux
– vCenter Server 5.1 GA
Most of the people I know waited for this upgrade to address an incompatibility between vSphere 5.1 and VMware View 5.1, which is now with the vSphere 5.1 A resolved.
If you're already migrated to vSphere 5.1, you just need to follow this KB https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2035268 , where you'll be instructed to download the ESXi510-201210001 from the Patch Download Center. The new build is 838463.
Which VMware Software Products or vSphere Sub-components has been updated?
- ESXi 5.1 An Installable
- vCenter Server 5.1 A – release notes
- vSphere Data Protection (VDP) 5.1.1
- vSphere Storage Appliance 5.1.1 – release notes – download link
- VMware Converter 5.0.1 – release notes – download link. Supports vSphere 5.1 ..-:)
- VMware vCloud Director 5.1.1 – release notes – download link
- VMware vCloud Networking and Security 5.1.1
VMworld Barcelona 2012
- VMworld Barcelona
- vCloud Automation Center Introduced by VMware
- vCenter Operation Management Suite 5.6 – What's new
- VMware Mirage – VMworld Barcelona – Demo video
- Veeam Explorer for Exchange – VMworld Barcelona 2012 Demo
- Zerto Virtual Replication Demo – VMworld 2012 Barcelona
- vCloud Connector 5.1 – What's new?
- VMworld Barcelona – VMturbo Operations Manager Video
- VMworld Party – The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- VMworld Barcelona 2012 bye bye
- VMworld 2012 Barcelona – My Top 3 picks
- Veeam Backup and Replication 6.5 has been released
- vSphere 5.1 A Released together with vCD 5.1.1 and many more new products updates – this post
- Tintri Demo VMworld
This post vSphere 5.1 A Released together with vCD 5.1.1 and many more new products updates was published first at ESX Virtualization at vladan.fr first.
Source: VMware blog