As I already detailed in our previous post about Nakivo Backup and Replication 10.10, the Real-time replication that has been released with this release, allows administrators to implement very low RTOs and RPOs. The technology uses I/O filters installed on each ESXi host within the cluster.
Real-Time Replication (Beta) for VMware allows you to create replicas of VMware VMs and keep them updated with the source VMs as changes are made in real-time. If the source VMs go down, you can easily failover to the replicas with a few clicks.
In other words, you can achieve minimal data loss and maximum uptime with RPOs as low as 1 second and RTOs measured in minutes.
The Nakivo Backup and Replication V10.10 product is available for trial download.
Real-time Replication – NAKIVO 10.10 introduces real-time replication, allowing VMware administrators to achieve near-zero RPO by continuously replicating VMs to a target location. This means that even in the event of a system failure, you can recover data with minimal to no data loss, thus ensuring business continuity.
Improved RTO – With real-time replication, NAKIVO significantly improves RTO by reducing the time it takes to recover VMs. In the event of a failure, you can quickly failover to the replicated VMs, minimizing downtime and maintaining productivity.
Flexible Deployment – NAKIVO's real-time replication feature supports a variety of deployment options, including on-premises, offsite, or in the cloud. This flexibility allows VMware administrators to tailor their data protection strategy to their organization's specific needs.
Efficient Use of Resources – NAKIVO's real-time replication feature optimizes resource utilization by transferring only changed data blocks, reducing bandwidth and storage requirements. This efficiency ensures that your data protection strategy is cost-effective and scalable.
With Nakivo v10.10 you can perform real-time replication for VMware vSphere hosts. Unlike regular replication jobs, real-time replication jobs continuously copy data from the source VM as it is being generated. This allows you to perform a failover to replica with a recovery point objective in as little as 1 second, minimizing data loss.
Improvements in v10.10
- Simplified the installation procedure of physical machine manual agent packages.
Trial downloads of Nakivo here.
More about Nakivo on ESX Virtualization
- Nakivo Backup 10.10 and Real-Time Replication Details
- Nakivo Backup and Replication 10.9 GA Adds Ransomware Scan as well as Bare Metal Recovery
- Nakivo Backup and Replication 10.9 will be adding Backup Malware scan and more
- Nakivo Backup and Replication 10.8 With vSphere 8 Support and more
- First Backup Vendor with VMware vSphere 8 Support – Nakivo
- How to Add a Physical Server and create a first backup with Nakivo Backup and Replication Software – (New)
- Security Tips for Nakivo Backup and Replication users
- Nakivo 10.7 New Features
- Backup a file share with Nakivo Backup and Replication
- NAS Backup with Nakivo Backup and Replication 10.6
- Nakivo Backup and Replication FREE Edition Features and Limitations
- How to configure immutable backups with Nakivo
- Nakivo Backup and Ransomware Recovery
More posts from ESX Virtualization:
- VMware vCenter Server 8.0 U1b resolves further upgrade issues and adds bunch of security patches
- VMware vCenter Server Appliance 8.0U1a Released
- Homelab v 8.0 (NEW)
- vSphere 8.0 Page (NEW)
- Veeam Bare Metal Recovery Without using USB Stick (TIP)
- ESXi 7.x to 8.x upgrade scenarios
- A really FREE VPN that doesn’t suck
- Patch your ESXi 7.x again
- VMware vCenter Server 7.03 U3g – Download and patch
- Upgrade VMware ESXi to 7.0 U3 via command line
- VMware vCenter Server 7.0 U3e released – another maintenance release fixing vSphere with Tanzu
- What is The Difference between VMware vSphere, ESXi and vCenter
- How to Configure VMware High Availability (HA) Cluster