Nakivo Backup and Replication is a powerful and reliable solution for protecting your virtual, physical, cloud, and SaaS environments. With Nakivo Backup and Replication, you can perform backup, replication, recovery, and disaster recovery for VMware, Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV, Amazon EC2, Microsoft 365, Oracle Database, and file shares.
Nakivo Backup and Replication 10.11 is the latest version of the product, which is currently in beta. (public). This version introduces several new features and enhancements that can improve your data protection and management. In this blog post, we will highlight some of the key features of Nakivo Backup and Replication 10.11.
There are some new interesting features in this release.
File System Indexing v3
The feature allows you to index files and folders during backup. This enables further search for specific files and folders inside a backup using the Global Search dashboard.
Alarms and Reporting for IT Monitoring
You can now configure alarms and create reports to monitor your systems and stay up-to-date on the activities of the monitored items.
Screenshot from the lab.
- Backup and Recovery for Oracle Database with RMAN (Linux)
- Backup and recovery for Oracle databases with RMAN is now available for Linux.
- Universal Transporter – It is now possible to discover the same host as different inventory items such as Hyper-V host and Physical servers while using the same transporter installed on this host.
Legal compliance and e-discovery improvements
OneNotes, Exchange Online Archive mailboxes, Public folders, In-Place Hold items, and Litigation Hold items can now be selected for Microsoft 365 backup.
HPE Alletra and HPE Primera backup from storage snapshots
You can now back up VMs from HPE Alletra and HPE Primera storage snapshots.
You can now restore your data within the grace period even after your subscription expires.
- Support for Microsoft Windows Server 2022 and Windows 11
- Support for Oracle Database 21c
- Support for VMware vSphere 8.0U2
- Auto-update for Transporters on Linux and Windows
- Improved performance and stability
Compatibility and system requirements
Nakivo product can be installed in different environments, and devices and uses a variety of different underlying OSes. Check the website for the requirements and your needs.
Screensthot from Nakivo
- Made available installing NAKIVO Backup & Replication on cloud computing platforms and virtual environments running QNAP QuTScloud OS.
- Implemented a set of internal logging enhancements for improving backup repository reliability and facilitation in troubleshooting backup repository tasks.
- Multiple AD domain integrations can now be realized simultaneously.
- Added generation of a report listing all the items that were skipped during the job run.
- Now, if malware is detected on OneDrive files during a Microsoft 365 backup job, the path to the infected item is displayed.
- Updated the Job Settings widget for recovery jobs.
- Simplified cleaning up the transit Repository folder: it is now done automatically.
- Improved the approach to managing the temporary snapshots on a source VM that are left after job runs.
Real-Time Replication for VMware
This feature isn't new in this beta, but it's very interesting to test. Real-time replication is a new feature that allows you to create and maintain identical copies of your VMware VMs on a target site. Unlike regular replication, which is performed on a schedule, real-time replication continuously monitors the changes in the source VMs and replicates them to the target VMs as soon as possible. This way, you can achieve near-zero RPO (recovery point objective) and minimize data loss in case of a disaster.
Real-time replication is especially useful for mission-critical VMs that require high availability and low downtime. With real-time replication, you can quickly fail over to the target VMs and resume your operations with minimal disruption. You can also perform granular recovery of files and application objects from the replicated VMs.
To use real-time replication, you need to install a proxy Transporter on the source and target sites. The proxy Transporter is a lightweight agent that handles the data transfer and synchronization between the source and target VMs. You can also configure bandwidth throttling and network acceleration to optimize the replication performance and efficiency.
Nakivo Backup and Replication 10.11 is a beta version that offers new and improved features for data protection and management. You can try out the beta version and provide your feedback to Nakivo. You can also participate in the beta program and get a chance to win a $20 Amazon eGift card. To learn more about the beta program and download the beta version, visit this page.
More about Nakivo on ESX Virtualization
- Nakivo Backup and Replication VMware EXPLORE 2023 – (New)
- Nakivo Backup 10.10 and Real-Time Replication Details
- Nakivo Backup and Replication 10.9 GA Adds Ransomware Scan as well as Bare Metal Recovery
- Nakivo Backup and Replication 10.9 will be adding Backup Malware scan and more
- Nakivo Backup and Replication 10.8 With vSphere 8 Support and more
- First Backup Vendor with VMware vSphere 8 Support – Nakivo
- How to Add a Physical Server and create a first backup with Nakivo Backup and Replication Software
- Security Tips for Nakivo Backup and Replication users
- Nakivo 10.7 New Features
- Backup a file share with Nakivo Backup and Replication
- NAS Backup with Nakivo Backup and Replication 10.6
- Nakivo Backup and Replication FREE Edition Features and Limitations
- How to configure immutable backups with Nakivo
- Nakivo Backup and Ransomware Recovery
More posts from ESX Virtualization:
- VMware vSphere 8.0 U2 Released – ESXi 8.0 U2 and VCSA 8.0 U2 How to update (NEW)
- What’s the purpose of those 17 virtual hard disks within VMware vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA) 8.0?
- VMware vSphere 8 Update 2 New Upgrade Process for vCenter Server details
- VMware vSAN 8 Update 2 with many enhancements announced during VMware Explore
- What’s New in VMware Virtual Hardware v21 and vSphere 8 Update 2?
- Homelab v 8.0
- vSphere 8.0 Page
- Veeam Bare Metal Recovery Without using USB Stick (TIP)
- ESXi 7.x to 8.x upgrade scenarios
- A really FREE VPN that doesn’t suck
- Patch your ESXi 7.x again
- VMware vCenter Server 7.03 U3g – Download and patch
- Upgrade VMware ESXi to 7.0 U3 via the command line
- VMware vCenter Server 7.0 U3e released – another maintenance release fixing vSphere with Tanzu
- What is The Difference between VMware vSphere, ESXi and vCenter
- How to Configure VMware High Availability (HA) Cluster